CCSVI and Slovakia, Europe

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
muse
Family Elder

Post by muse »

My dear Erika
In English there is a saying “What goes around, comes around”. I’m pretty sure that you have to expect a lot of good things anytime soon! :D
Alle the best
Arne aka muse
mrhodes40
Family Elder

Post by mrhodes40 »

I had so much bad luck for last couple of years. I was thinking all the time, one day I would may be win a lottery. Yes, this is my lottery! :D
OMG! this is SOOOOooo my thought too..... All the way in Washington state, compared to Slovakia. We are all the same every one of us alike in ways almost as siblings...

High five sister Erika! :D :D :D
marie
I'm not offering medical advice, I am just a patient too! Talk to your doctor about what is best for you...
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-7318-0.html This is my regimen thread
http://www.ccsvibook.com Read my book published by McFarland Health topics
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

ErikaSlovakia wrote:I have good news again.
I just have received an e-mail from Dr. Franz Schelling from Austria. He has received my 2MRIs and my 2CTs. Of course he found something. He wants to discuss it with Dr. Simka in Bologna.

I had so much bad luck for last couple of years. I was thinking all the time, one day I would may be win a lottery. Yes, this is my lottery! :D

If somebody from Europe reads this, I repeat, that the radiologist from Slovakia found nothing and these 2 doctors found couple of problems and they are SURE!

So I am getting closer to my treatment.
Erika
Erika- your persistence and beautifully positive energy is bringing forth answers. I'm so glad you found us here!!!
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

cheerleader wrote: I'm so glad you found us here!!!
cheer
Hi Joan!
I am MEGA HAPPY I found you here!!!

I have more good news from Dr. Schelling. I have received second e-mail from him.
I have also another news: I went to see my "high blood pressure doctor". I have asked him to change my Vasocardin and prescribe me Lisinopril 5 mg.
No problem, so I took my first Lisinopril 5 mg today. There are 30 pills in the package. I paid 1,17 Euro, so it is cheap, of course my health insurance company paid something too.
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

Cool Erika! maybe you should start a Lisinopril blog in the general or regimens section x
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

LR1234 wrote:Cool Erika! maybe you should start a Lisinopril blog in the general or regimens section x
You are right. I am going to do so right now.
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

Do we know the dosage that Dr Lawrence Steinman used in his trial?
Last edited by LR1234 on Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

LR1234 wrote:Do we know the dosage that Dr Lawrence used in his trial?
I do not know. I am scared to take more than 5 mg. My BP is OK now.
When I have low BP it is like an attack or it is an attack for sure. My fatigue gets even worse. I will see. If 5 mg is not enough I will take 10.
Erika
Last edited by ErikaSlovakia on Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

Erika, I am not suggesting you take more then your dr prescribed!!!! It was just a question about what Dr lawrence used...then I remembered he tested it on mice not humans.
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

LR1234 wrote:Erika, I am not suggesting you take more then your dr prescribed!!!! It was just a question about what Dr lawrence used...then I remembered he tested it on mice not humans.
:D Yes, I understood that I am just explaining my plans and my thaughts.
Do not worry.
Erika
radar22
Getting to Know You...

Post by radar22 »

I have to say, I read this today, from beginning to end. This is quite interesting, courageous, humorous, and sad at times for what you have to go through to get what you believe in.

This is only the end of this chapter though. I can't wait to read more. This was like a book, I couldn't put it down. I congratulate you, as others have Ditto to all their comments.

You too, are an inspiration and a pioneer :!:

Cindy aka Radar
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

radar22 wrote: I can't wait to read more. This was like a book, I couldn't put it down.

Cindy aka Radar
I plan my story with happy-end.
:D
You are lucky you do not know more. Sometimes it´s a thriller.
But often comedy.
I like this part of my life, it goes well.
Erika
catfreak
Family Elder

Post by catfreak »

Erika,

I am so glad things are looking up for you! Just think they will be discussing your case this week!!

Cat
Holly - Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd

9/3/09 Stanford - Dr Dake - Stent in R-J to unblock Arachnoid Cyst in Sigmoid Sinus. Stent in narrowed L-J. Balloon in narrowing where R & L Jugulars meet.
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

I just have received this e-mail from Dr. Schelling:
"Dear Erika,
Dr. Simka knows why I think that your MS might best be halted by repairing the valve of the left internal jugular vein.

But such a valvuloplasty has, so far as I know, not yet been performed in a jugular veins – although Prof. Leonardo Corcos pioneered the procedure in other vein and has been willing to further develop his method for internal jugular veins.

There could, however, still exist some complicating occlusion of an intracranial venous sinus, a point which Dr. Simka first wants to clarify.

Such an additional obstruction need to be excluded, and thereby can also be examined whether my suspicion of a divided Torcular Herophili (instead of the normal confluence of sinus) proves true.

In the latter case, all depends on what Dr. Simka and Prof. Corcos consider as the procedure which corrects your venous anomalies best.

As important as all this may be for furthering the correction of less well known venous predispositions to MS – any advance will demand quite a deal of good planning, motivation and skill.

May Mary most holy protect your paths!

Franz Schelling

Austria"
bestadmom
Family Elder

Post by bestadmom »

Wow, Schelling replied to you! Now what? I guess Dr. Simka will tell you? You are going to get treatment you need, just keep pushing!

Michelle