Tinnitus and CCSVI

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Do you suffer from ringing in the ear?

Yes
73%
No, never had it
15%
Have noticed it in the past, but gone now
12%

Total votes: 52

Sharon
Family Elder

Post by Sharon »

I have had tinnitus for years. It started in my right ear about 35 years ago - eventually went over to the left ear. I do not notice it during the day - usually at night or when someone asks a question about tinnitus :wink: :roll:

There has not been any change since having the stent procedure.

Sharon
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Tinnitus and CCSVI

Post by NHE »

AlmostClever wrote:I have chewed my nails obsessively for 30+ years. I also chewed gum (about a 1-2 packs a day) for at least 6 months prior to being dx'ed with MS.

Could this possibly lead to TMJ and then possibly to CCSVI and then possibly to MS?

Your thoughts, please! Anyone else chew their nails or gum? I'm stopping now, just in case!
Regarding TMJ, I was in a car accident many years ago. My car was rear ended on the freeway. I received a whiplash injury which was followed by TMJ. I was in college at the time and used to chew quite a bit of gum to keep me awake while studying in the library. My doctor was evaluating my TMJ took one look at me chewing gum there in his office, asked if I did that much, and then said that it's got to stop. The gum chewing was making the TMJ worse. The entire side of my face was going numb and it sounded like I had a microwave oven running in my ear! I stopped chewing gum and did some PT to help out my neck muscles and it got better over time.

However, I doubt that this is related to MS at all as I had my first attack several years before the car accident.

NHE
Mike56
Family Elder

Post by Mike56 »

I have tinnitus constantly in my right ear for the past 3 or 4 months, and occasionaly in my left ear I get a more high pitched noise that increasses in pitch and volume and ends suddenly after a few minutes.
My diagnosis so far is possible MS.
I couldn't figure out how to vote in your pole...maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Mike