Dr Simka (Poland)

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Edser
Family Elder

CCSVI

Post by Edser »

Thank's Erika :D
Hello People on TiMS
Lot's of people have asked me what they might need to bring with them to Poland.In my honest opinion i beleive you need to bring nothing with you,only yourself & your MS.My reason for this answer is simple.All the exam's are done in Poland, MRI,MRV,Blood Test,Urine Test,Eye Test,Colour Doppler,Heart Test & Blood Pressure,PROCEDURE,Heart Test & Blood Pressure,Colour Doppler.1 1/2 - 2 Day's in Hospital.
Slainte Mo Chara
Edser & Anna
Never judge a Book by it's cover.
Edss Before Procedure:6
Edss After Procedure:4
wonky1
Family Elder

Post by wonky1 »

Congratulations Edser, looking forward to the updates.
Yeah things you need bring, toothbrush maybe, I had no towel, they even supplied one of those.
Wonky

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

wonky1 wrote: I had no towel, they even supplied one of those.
Wonky

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Ha - ha this is funny. I forgot to bring towel as well. :D
I just thought it would be good to have some cream or gel against bruises in hospital already - at least in a hotel. There was a pharmacy in front of the Hotel Franz Josef so I bought it there as well as some Absorbent adhesive dressing for my mini wound in my groin. I had one small drop of blood so I wanted to change it.
Maybe I am just too spoilt. :D
Erika
Last edited by ErikaSlovakia on Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
bestadmom
Family Elder

Post by bestadmom »

Hi Edser,

I'm glad to hear you are ok. I've been thinking about you, and have been hoping for a great outcome. I can't wait to hear about your improvements.

Michelle
Ana
Family Member

Post by Ana »

Congratulations from me, too!!!!! :D
markofc
Getting to Know You...

Post by markofc »

super Edser :D / I be glad very

I wish fast convalescing and greetings for Anna
ozarkcanoer
Family Elder

Post by ozarkcanoer »

This is great new for you Edser and for all of us !! Another patient helped and another positive for CCSVI !! Take care and keep us informed.

ozarkcanoer
Edser
Family Elder

CCSVI

Post by Edser »

Day 5
All i can say is WOW.Thing's are looking positive +++
If anybody from the EU are heading to Poland,i would advise you to look into getting a E111 card.This will help you get your Prescription after the procedure at a fraction of the price :D & if your Neuro will sign you off you should try for the E112.Your country pays for the procedure once you live in Europe & they are not doing the procedure in your country.
Slainte Mo Chara
Edser & Anna
irishmum
Getting to Know You...

Post by irishmum »

Congrats Edser

Glad everything went well for you. Hoping to get on list in Poland this week. I haven't told my gp about my intentions yet. I do need to do I for aftercare etc and to get that E112 form that covers the cost for Europe.

Are you on bloodthinners there is a report in all papers today about a new blood thinner which is much better than warfarin that will be on the market shortly. Does one have to take it long term?

thanks & Regards

Maureen
Gzee

Post by Gzee »

Firstly, to Johnson, thank you so much for replying. Didn't have access to a computer on the weekend so just now catching up. Edser (and Anna) - WOW! keep posting so we know how you are. It's wonderful to hear that this can be done. I will get my husband to send off an e-mail to Dr. Simka in the hopes that he may be able to perhaps see us in the not too distant future. This is wonderful news and confirmation that Dr. Z. is really onto something with CCSVI. Take care all. :D
Pepe
Family Elder

Post by Pepe »

Congrats Edser and Ana,

I have just arrived to Psczyna... tomorrow morning will be the appointment with Dr. Simka.

I will tell everybody what happens...
fiddler
Family Elder

Follow-up Checkup

Post by fiddler »

Congratulations, Edser!

I noticed in one posting some mention of a follow-up checkup. Is this something that everyone must do and, if so in what time frame and how often? I understand, Erika, that you are to have a follow-up, but I wonder if it was specific to your situation. How about those farther away (such as Edser)? For those of us across the Atlantic, this could prove quite difficult.
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

Last edited by LR1234 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Edser
Family Elder

Post by Edser »

LR1234 wrote:Pepe, I am in Poland on Wednesday and seeing Dr Simka Thursday. Will you still be there?

L
Best of luck Lad's,enjoy the experience :D
Slainte Mo Chara
Edser &Anna
Edser
Family Elder

Re: Follow-up Checkup

Post by Edser »

fiddler wrote:Congratulations, Edser!

I noticed in one posting some mention of a follow-up checkup. Is this something that everyone must do and, if so in what time frame and how often? I understand, Erika, that you are to have a follow-up, but I wonder if it was specific to your situation. How about those farther away (such as Edser)? For those of us across the Atlantic, this could prove quite difficult.
Good afternoon Fiddler,
Yes i've a follow up appointment in 2-3 month's or whenever Dr Simka deceides that it is necessary to see me.I'm taking everything that has been pescribed for me,Areplex,Asprin,Fraxiparin & Helcid.So far so good,it's early day's but i appear to be a NEW man.
Slainte Mo Chara
Edser & Anna

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”