Dr Simka (Poland)

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
acol
Family Elder

Post by acol »

Re the above post I have just registered with the Post Office. Hopefully, this will provide a competitive means of transferring foreign money. I would still be interested in other people's ideas.
Nigel
Badger
Family Elder

Poland PAID!!

Post by Badger »

HI, i JUST WENT INTO THE BANK AND THEY DID A TRANSFER FOR ME. IT COSTS £19.50, THAT WAS WITH THE BANK OF SCOTLAND.

tHE RATE FOR THE EURO IS NOT TO GOOD THOUGH, I GOT 1.07 EURO TO THE POUND. :cry:

I AM GOING TO POLAND IN THREE WEEKS TO BE LIBERATED THOUGH!!!!!!!!!! :D :o :D :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<em>Badger
RRMS 2004</em>
Appt Katowice 23/24th March
acol
Family Elder

Post by acol »

Hi Badger

Thanks. Of course it is the exchange rate that you get that matters - the handling charge pales into insignificance. I have registered with the Post Office and will see what rate they offer.
Nigel
ClaireParry
Family Elder

Post by ClaireParry »

Hi Nigel,

I'd be interested to see what replies you get to your thread. Just received my invoice to. I'm in Poland in the 27th March and op is on 29th.

Claire
acol
Family Elder

Post by acol »

Hi Claire

I'm hoping to get a reply to my accommodation query. As soon as I know the adjusted cost I can move with the money transfer. With all the people that are booked for the 24/25th it looks like we might be sharing beds - lol.

At least we can get a group photo done at reasonable rates.
Nigel
Lelo
Family Member

Post by Lelo »

Hi everyone!! I gonna go to Poland next week 8-13 March. Just one week before I had more of a personal contact and some nice mail too. If somebody has concern about the prove of payment. I was told it´s enough with the reciep you get with the transaktion.
Though I did the mistake to book a flight before I recieved my final mail telling me about their logistic package. So I had to do a new booking and it cost me an 150 Euro extra.

But who cares about that

Big hugs to all
acol
Family Elder

Post by acol »

I have sorted out the payment to Euromedic. I used Post Office Overseas Money Transfer Services - https://postoffice.hifxonline.co.uk/Registration/

I found this service very efficient. Once you have registered you can go-online and make the transfer in real time according to the market fluctuations. Friday would have given the best rate but I settled for £1.0886 to the Euro which seemed acceptable in the circumstances. There are no other charges associated with this transaction.

Just thought that this might help others going to Poland, assuming that like me you may not be 100% au-fait with these procedures.
Nigel
Zeureka
Family Elder

Post by Zeureka »

I can inform you that I just "liberated" a place for the procedure week of 22 March. Just cancelled and am now on waiting list for end 2011... wish the person that gets it all the best!
acol
Family Elder

Post by acol »

Hi Zeureka

Sorry to hear of your cancellation. I presume that this was not of your own choosing in which case I hope that Dr Simka can accommodate you earlier than next year.
Nigel
Jaguar
Family Member

Post by Jaguar »

Zeureka
I tried telephoning direct to Euromedic, but they couldn't find your cancellation! Told me I was lucky to have my appointment for March 2011, the list goes much longer than that.
Zeureka
Family Elder

Post by Zeureka »

Jaguar wrote:Zeureka
I tried telephoning direct to Euromedic, but they couldn't find your cancellation! Told me I was lucky to have my appointment for March 2011, the list goes much longer than that.
I did not receive a reply from them yet. I am very sorry since understand many wait and want the procedure earlier. However, don't think calling and asking for earlier date will help in this case...

If s.o. cancels I think they will just move up their list and so s.o. that is scheduled close to this date in 2010 (and has however not yet been informed of a specific date) might get an earlier date. That would be a logical waiting list procedure. And indeed the waiting list was told is now at end 2011.
Naija

Post by Naija »

I have been sent an e-mail stating that my appointment will be in July but I still don't have a specific date!! My husband and I have sent reminders for confirmation dates but we have had no replies. Is this normal??

We have to get visas to Poland so cannot afford to be given a date too late!

To those of you that have been fortunate enough to go and those who have their dates already...is this how it is??
fiddler
Family Elder

Yes, that's how it is, but...

Post by fiddler »

Yes, Naija, that's how it is because it's a new administrative structure and they are trying to coordinate doctors, imaging equipment in different hospitals, patients requests, and so on. HOWEVER, I believe that they are very understanding of international patients special needs so if you explain the need for ample time for you to get a visa, they will make a special effort to give you more lead time.
...Ted
Dx SPMS in 2004.  Liberated 29/04/2010.
My blog: www.my-darn-ms.blogspot.com
find_Fond_du_Sac

Currency Transfers

Post by find_Fond_du_Sac »

Hi, this is my first ever post here. I have been reading the forum for ages, but it is so crammed with information I have never found the need to post.

However, I may have useful information for those transferring cash to Poland, certainly from the UK.

I use a currency service for when I wish to transfer cash to my daughter in Australia. The website is:

http://www.ukforex.co.uk/

I've just checked their rates and the exchange is costing £903.70 for every €1,000 Euros. They add a service charge of £7.00 to each transaction.

It is necessary to set up an account in advance. They will phone you back to confirm your identity. But then the transfers are simple and automatic. It will take up to 3 days for them to receive the payment from your bank account, then the funds are transferred immediately.

I have always found them to be very efficient. If I eventually get an appointment in Poland (I am attempting to register), it is the method I will use.

Jane
acol
Family Elder

Post by acol »

Hi Jane

Well done for making your first post and for making such a useful contribution. The rates you quote would have saved me about £70 - £80 and this is in a falling market for the pound. Having said that my friendly high street bank would have charged me an extra £200 over and above what I paid. Of course, banks need to charge these high fees to their loyal customers so that they can pay their hefty (obscene) bonuses to their city dealers. :lol:

I think your post may benefit quite a few people who need to transfer Euros to Poland.
Nigel

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”