Dr Simka (Poland)

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Frank
Family Elder

Post by Frank »

I would have two questions regarding Dr. Simkas new paper:
1) He found 97% RELEVANT obstruction - how did he define relevant (ie did he use the Zamboni criteria for CCSVI?)

2)
a) Did he find relevant obstruction in 97% of ALL PRESENTED MS patients, w
without further selection, this would point to a very high correlation with MS?

b)Or did he first screen the patients by doppler and MRV and if the outcomes of the preliminary investigations where suspicious - THEN he does a venogram and THESE patients then show 97% relevant obstruction, this would point to a high reliability of the preliminary investigations (doppler and MRV)?
In this case it would be interesting to see how many of the presented MS Patients where positive in the preliminary exams.

Thanks!
--Frank
Treatment: Gilenya since 01/2011, CCSVI both IJV ballooned 09/2010, Tysabri stopped after 24 Infusions and positive JCV antibody test, after LDN, ABX Wheldon Regime for 1 year.
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

Frank wrote:I would have two questions regarding Dr. Simkas new paper:
1) He found 97% RELEVANT obstruction - how did he define relevant (ie did he use the Zamboni criteria for CCSVI?)

2)
a) Did he find relevant obstruction in 97% of ALL PRESENTED MS patients, w
without further selection, this would point to a very high correlation with MS?

b)Or did he first screen the patients by doppler and MRV and if the outcomes of the preliminary investigations where suspicious - THEN he does a venogram and THESE patients then show 97% relevant obstruction, this would point to a high reliability of the preliminary investigations (doppler and MRV)?
In this case it would be interesting to see how many of the presented MS Patients where positive in the preliminary exams.

Thanks!
--Frank
Hi Frank!
I do not feel competent to answer your questions as I am only Dr. Simka´s patient. I will meet him and ask him when is he going to publish his full paper and where.
It might be at the Symposium in Slovakia or at the Symposium in Frankfurt.

My point: Doctors must follow certain protocol (Doppler and MRV as well) to be able to find CCSVI problem!
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”