Erika`s procedure in Poland

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

How quickly were you progressing before the procedure? Did you notice that you were getting worse in an obvious way or was it subtle?
Good question. It was different after taking LDN. I started with it last November. Before I had attacks twice a year. I never recoverd fully after any attack. Even I was 5 days on cortison in hospital it took me 3-4 months to feel better.

Since I am on LDN - I had no attacks, no worsening. I even got better after starting LDN - not only fatigue was better but even walking.
I consider my status for success.
I can do more than the year before despite of beeing on LDN.
Like I am so happy I do not have the stupid fast heart beating - it was really terrible. I thought I was close to heart attack 3 times a day!
What I still do not like is the stupid feeling in my head. I think it is combination of more problems. The vision is a problem. My right eye focuses normal. The left eye focuses slowlier - of course I have stupid feeling.
I do not think Clexane causes me any problems.
Well, I have 12 attacks behind me so I am not surprised.
The fatigue was my biggest problem - it is so much better now.
I want to be honest. I do not want to tell you only good things. You should know the reality. I am also sure everybody is sooo different.
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
Ernst
Family Elder

Post by Ernst »

Erika, do you take vitamin-d or have you checked 25ohd levels? Im just curious, and also concerned with 25ohd levels with health/disease.
My wife's 3 yrs post video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLeqLps8XR8

Our family: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_QCKxeQAlg
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

Ernst wrote:Erika, do you take vitamin-d or have you checked 25ohd levels? Im just curious, and also concerned with 25ohd levels with health/disease.
I used to take 3000 mg 3 omega D vitamin a day (Fish oil).
As I save money on every place I take only 1000 mg of day.
I have not checked 25ohd levels.
I am careful with doctors here. They usually look like this 8O at me.
They are not negative neither angry just maybe surprised.
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
crocky
Family Member

your reports

Post by crocky »

Hi Ericka

So glad to hear that your fatigue is a bit better now - really appreciate all your updates, so keep them coming (without exhausting yourself too much)
love Suzanne
costumenastional
Family Elder

Post by costumenastional »

Hi.
I just wnated to express my gratitude to Erika. I hope you realise how important is for you to keep posting your updates whenever possible as we are all looking forward to be tested for ccsvi and go on from thereon.

Keep up the good work and being honest.

Spiros.
ozarkcanoer
Family Elder

Post by ozarkcanoer »

Erica said :

"The weather here was awful. I was also maybe simply tired after many long days at the internet."

"I am still often scared but not so much as before."

Erica,

I worry that I spend way to much time on the internet. Especially since I discovered CCSVI. I think the screen glare wears out my eyes.

Our weather here is gray and cold. Some sunshine would help !!!

Also, about being scared, me too. I understand the constant stress of being scared. (((Erica)))
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

ozarkcanoer wrote: Some sunshine would help !!!
Oh yes! I hate this period of year in my country. December, January and February are really ugly here. Moreover it is cold so I do not go often outside for a walk. It is dark couple of minutes after 4 pm.
When I was 11 I wanted to move to California because of this :D
It is like to live in a cave without seeing sun.
Erika
Robnl
Family Elder

Post by Robnl »

Erika,

Well, your body is a bit in an inactive state in the dark winter, suppose you will notice more improvements when the days get longer and the temperature rises :D :D

Write your health insurance that you need a medical holiday to South America or something like that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Robert
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

Robnl wrote: Write your health insurance that you need a medical holiday to South America or something like that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Robert
Oh, yes, yes, yes!!! :D :D :D
I spent winter 2002-2003 working on a cruise ship in Brazil, Urugay and Argentina. It was nice except of too much work and my MS symptoms.
I knew it was last time for me working on a cruise ship.
But the weather was nice! Well, not only the weather...
Erika
redmoon218

Post by redmoon218 »

Erika where are u??? I hope you are ok
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

redmoon218 wrote:Erika where are u??? I hope you are ok
Do not worry :D
I am fine. Tomorrow is my day 50 so I wanted to post a report tomorrow.
I feel the same - not better but not worse.
No pain at all regarding my stent. I still have 11 Clexane injections.
I only have some light bruises on my belly. I do not feel any problems regarding Clexane.
I had a little problem couple of days ago. My BP was too low. Only 100/60. It is too low for me. I made a little mistake. I have not been checking my BP just taking 5 mg of Lisinopril a day. So I stopped Lisinopril. I do not know exactly why is my BP normal again. I do not have any stress, maybe that is the reason.
All the improvement from the beginning remained.
Erika
redmoon218

Post by redmoon218 »

:D Thanks Good for that Erika,I was really worried about u after what we have hared 8O about the complications for some patients who have done the librations procedure . I want to ask do u still taking MS treatment?
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

redmoon218 wrote::D Thanks Good for that Erika,I was really worried about u after what we have hared 8O about the complications for some patients who have done the librations procedure . I want to ask do u still taking MS treatment?
Hi,
well I do not understand exactly what you mean under "MS treatment".
I have never been on DMD. I only started to take LDN last November and I still taki it.
I take vitamin B,E and D. I take 900 mg of carbamazepin a day because of my central neuropathic pain in my right arm.
I also take 100 mg of PK-Merz per day.
Sometimes I take 100 mg of Vigil (Modafinilum).
I sleep on inclined bed as well.
Erika
redmoon218

Post by redmoon218 »

Happy new year Erika
Yes that was what I meant, I thought you was taking interferon or tysabri.
I have anther question about the stent. Is the decision for putting a stent was made after the MRV and other examination or during the operation?

I'm paling to do the operation but, I prefer to not have any stent
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

redmoon218 wrote:Happy new year Erika
Yes that was what I meant, I thought you was taking interferon or tysabri.
I have anther question about the stent. Is the decision for putting a stent was made after the MRV and other examination or during the operation?

I'm paling to do the operation but, I prefer to not have any stent
The decision/recommendation from Dr. Simka was made after MRV in Zabrze so before the operation.
I knew Dr. Zamboni had about 50% restenosis in his trial. This was what Dr. Simka told me as well. He did not force me to have a stent just explained me what is better in my case and why. I also wanted a stent so I was not against this idea. I did not want to risk another attack and another procedure.
Of course each patient is different. I also think there will be better solution in 3 years. I just did not want to wait. There are 12 attacks behind me, my EDSS is 5,5. I was scared to become SPMS. I was paralyzed when I was 14, I was paralyzed again when I was 17. My MS symptoms are here for sure since 1996.
I think you have a choice. I also think doctors will inform you about advantages and disadvantages.
Of course I can not know what is better for you.
Erika

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”