requirements for CCSVI procedure

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
sbr487
Family Elder

requirements for CCSVI procedure

Post by sbr487 »

Folks,

I am new to this forum.

* I would like to know if being diagnosed with MS is a must to have this procedure?

* What if few other issues that behave like MS are indeed caused by CCSVI?
(e.g. fibrymyalgiz)

* It is possible that CCSVI leads to different types of issues depending the area and level of insufficiency?

* Is it not enough if the scan shows deformity and the patient has symptoms though he may not strictly have > X lesions?

I have all symptoms of MS but have not been formally diagnosed with it.

Really curious to know ...

Regards,
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

hi sbr, ccsvi is in no way part of the diagnostic process in ms, to date. in the future, we shall see.

yes it is possible that blocked veins in diff places could cause diff issues.

do you have fibromyalgia?

if you are interested in developing a nutrition program there are a few good ideas out there (see signature attachments) and i can help you if you need to ask questions.

take care,
jl
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
sbr487
Family Elder

Post by sbr487 »

jimmylegs wrote:hi sbr, ccsvi is in no way part of the diagnostic process in ms, to date. in the future, we shall see.

yes it is possible that blocked veins in diff places could cause diff issues.

do you have fibromyalgia?

if you are interested in developing a nutrition program there are a few good ideas out there (see signature attachments) and i can help you if you need to ask questions.

take care,
jl
Hi JL,

Maybe I was ambiguous ... apologies
My question was whether to have the liberation procedure one needs to be medically diagnosed with MS. Is it not enough that the patient has the following 2 complaints:

* neurological complaints
* venous insufficiency

We all know that lot of patents spend even 10+ years before they are formally diagnosed to have MS.
To put it in a different way, there is a venous problem, why not correct it!
What is the need to wait for lesions to show up on MRI.

Right now I am not on any therapy. I take pain killers when I cannot endure the pain any longer. For last 3 months, I have started keeping my head elevated when I sleep. That has helped to some extent. I have also started taking cod liver oil tab. twice a day for last 1 month. I have felt much better than before. BTW, I live & work in India ...

I really appreciate your help ...

Regards
Rokkit
Family Elder

Post by Rokkit »

So I take it you have had an mri but it shows no lesions? Have you had a lumbar puncture and what did it show? Has your neurologist ruled out other things and said it's probably MS?
sbr487
Family Elder

Post by sbr487 »

Rokkit wrote:So I take it you have had an mri but it shows no lesions? Have you had a lumbar puncture and what did it show? Has your neurologist ruled out other things and said it's probably MS?
When the MRI was first taken, it showed healed lesions. But the neuro said that this is not MS (I dont know why). I went to few other neuros after that but nothing concluded. That was 12 years back. I have never had nerves to visit a neuro after that. My condition is not very bad in the sense that there are no major physical disabilities.

I have:
cognition issues
foggy head
body ache
blurred vision
rigid back

Apart from that I also have BP and GERD.

So, thats my story. I was somehow very sceptical about using immuno suppresents and felt that it would make my condition worse. But when I see this new treatment, I was thinking maybe it is time to go back to a neuro and ask about this treatment ...

Thats my story ...

Regards,
Rokkit
Family Elder

Post by Rokkit »

sbr487 wrote:But when I see this new treatment, I was thinking maybe it is time to go back to a neuro and ask about this treatment ...
That would be an excellent approach a few months from now. Right now it may be hard to find one that is informed enough to help you pursue it.
sbr487
Family Elder

Post by sbr487 »

I think you are more optimistic than I am. I was putting a target of 2 years for it to become a reality ...

Take care ...