Longest month of my life!

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
alby
Family Member

Longest month of my life!

Post by alby »

Dr. Simka has scheduled me for February 10th for testing, and 11 for the procedure if any found. I am sure they would find vein problems.

The wait is so LLLLONNNNGG.
Every day seems like a month.
Can't wait.

I am so excited, even if I don't get any improvement (I'm sure I will), I'll be happy with stabilizing.

We are all on quest to defeat this disease for us, for our children, and everyone who might get this dreadful disease. We must win, we will win.

And who are the heroes? Dr. Zamboni, Dr. Simka, and their teams, to be the first to "boldly go where no man has gone before" as captain Kirk said it.:D :D :D :D :!:
Mutley
Family Elder

Post by Mutley »

That's graet news alby, the wait will be worth it!!
Mutley goes to Poland 1st symptom was Optic Neuritis in 1998, DX RRMS Jan 2001, DX SPMS 2007. Last EDSS by doctor 7.5
magoo
Family Elder

Post by magoo »

Congrats Alby!!!!!!!!!
The wait will be worth it. I am so happy for you. Keep us posted.
Rhonda~
Treated by Dake 10/19/09, McGuckin 4/25/11 and 3/9/12- blockages in both IJVs, azy, L-iliac, L-renal veins. CCSVI changed my life and disease.
crocky
Family Member

Post by crocky »

All the very best to you Alby - hope the month passes quickly for you - I absolutely understand how slowly its going - I have to wait until April - All the very best to you, and as others have said before me, keep us all updated! - Love Suzanne
Rainbolt
Family Member

Post by Rainbolt »

So jealous - but also sooooo happy to see another MSer who will hopefully be seeing great positive changes soon! Good luck! I can't wait to see you posting about how it's working for you!!!
alby
Family Member

Got my ticket1

Post by alby »

i bought my tickets to Poland and hotel reservation. i am pretty much ready to go. another 30 days to go. I don't want much, just stabilizing would make me happy, so we'll see what happens.
Mutley
Family Elder

Post by Mutley »

That's great news alby, we're all ticking the days off with you!
Mutley goes to Poland 1st symptom was Optic Neuritis in 1998, DX RRMS Jan 2001, DX SPMS 2007. Last EDSS by doctor 7.5
alby
Family Member

29 days and counting.

Post by alby »

This year is the year that MS will be defeated. I love this group, everyone in it and support given. I am sure I will see a few of us over there, we might even be on the same flight. I will write in detail about my experience, you guys can count on it.
ozarkcanoer
Family Elder

Post by ozarkcanoer »

alby,

I know a month seems like a long time, especially with MS. But just think, you have a definite date !!! We will be looking forward to your posts and progess of course. And remember that February is when the first 500 Buffalo subjects will be unblinded !! February is a great month.

ozarkcanoer
pgm1
Family Member

Post by pgm1 »

Hi alby,

A little less than a month now,so happy for you :D
Pam
annad
Family Elder

Post by annad »

Alby,
that's so exciting! When did you contact them for your appointment? I'm wondering how long the wait is.
best wishes to you!!!
alby
Family Member

It is conditional.

Post by alby »

I contacted Dr. Simka in December, and told him about my desperate condition:
I am EDSS 7 or 7.5.
I am on Novantron chemotherapy, which I hate. Even with that I am still getting worse. I told him the truth about my worsening condition. Every day I am worse than the day before.
numbness, weakness of legs and arms, problem with fingers, bladder problem, stiffness of legs, spasticity. Right hand fingers starting to act up on top of numbness and weakness.

If I could afford to wait, I would, but the way I am spiraling down, I can't wait. Next year may be too late.

For those who are curious:
Flying from Los Angeles to Munich, non stop with Lufthanza, then to Katowice, arriving there around 11 PM.

I chose to fly back from Krakow, decided to stay there for couple of nights.
annad
Family Elder

Post by annad »

Keep up the fight! Stay strong and we WILL see an end to this 'thing'.
Thanks for replying back.
Safe trip and get well trip! :D
Katie41
Family Elder

Post by Katie41 »

I'm so excited for you! Best of luck! Counting the days with you.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”