Payment Request, is it real???

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
alby
Family Member

Payment Request, is it real???

Post by alby »

With so much internet fraud, one gets suspicious of any request for money transfer. I just received an email from t.ludyga(at)poczta.fm, the .fm is country code for Federated States of Micronesia, and I got it in my junk mail, so I am not sure if it’s fraudulent or not.
The email provided the cost of procedure with 4 night stay in a 4 star hotel and procedures.
Has anyone wired money by this kind of request? Or whoever has gone there paid it over there? I have already arranged for my hotel stay, and I was planning to pay by credit card right on the spot. This could very well be a legitimate email but as I said, with so much fraud one can’t be so sure. Could whoever had such experience say something?
babiezuique
Family Elder

Post by babiezuique »

Nobody never talked about the team Lugya Simka asking for payment....Dont touch this:(
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

I'm afraid that this might answer your query:

http://www.dot.fm/query_whois.cfm

Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
greyman
Family Member

Post by greyman »

Seems like a hoax. poczta.fm is a popular Polish free e-mail provider and I believe that Dr. Ludyga would have @euromedic.com.pl. If you haven't had the procedure yet they should not ask for any money.
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Re: Payment Request, is it real???

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

alby wrote:With so much internet fraud, one gets suspicious of any request for money transfer. I just received an email from t.ludyga(at)poczta.fm, the .fm is country code for Federated States of Micronesia, and I got it in my junk mail, so I am not sure if it’s fraudulent or not.
The email provided the cost of procedure with 4 night stay in a 4 star hotel and procedures.
Has anyone wired money by this kind of request? Or whoever has gone there paid it over there? I have already arranged for my hotel stay, and I was planning to pay by credit card right on the spot. This could very well be a legitimate email but as I said, with so much fraud one can’t be so sure. Could whoever had such experience say something?
Hi alby!
Do not touch it. Do not pay anything in advance. Pay just in Poland!
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
dunkempt
Family Elder

Post by dunkempt »

Seems like a hoax. poczta.fm is a popular Polish free e-mail provider and I believe that Dr. Ludyga would have @euromedic.com.pl. If you haven't had the procedure yet they should not ask for any money.
Although if a hoax (and obviously treat it as such until you know better), someone needs to tighten up their security. Someone got Alby's email address, knew who he was contacting and why, understood about how much to ask for, etc..

Maybe forward it to Dr L's known legitimate e-mail address and ask if they know what this is. If it's not legit, they have a problem.

(On the other hand, if Micronesia has a clinic offering Liberation treatment now too, woo-hoo!)

-d
alby
Family Member

you guys are great!

Post by alby »

i will not respond to this request obviously and when i am there i will talk to them about this.
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

Doesn't it make you just so angry that people have got hold of Dr Ludyga's name and trying to get money out of people desperate to have the procedure??? :evil:

No payment is asked for up front, so if anyone is asking for money upfront before treatment Ignore IT!
greyman
Family Member

Post by greyman »

One more thing about the Micronesia issue.
In this particular case fm stands for frequency modulation. Really.
In Poland many radio stations have 'FM' in their names and poczta.fm internet domain belongs to one of those stations.
They registered it in Micronesia to make it look cool. Mystery solved:).
Adam
wonky1
Family Elder

Post by wonky1 »

That is definitely his correct email address. He hand wrote it and gave it to me.
Sounds like a quote to me.
alby
Family Member

interesting

Post by alby »

didn't think that way, but you are so right, .fm for FM station. that's cool, for a FM station only.
Becia
Getting to Know You...

Post by Becia »

Hello everyone,

I'm a new member to this forum but I have been reading threads here for a while. my first email to dr Ludyga was under this address t.ludyga@poczta.fm , he replied in the beginning of january and asked me to wait for his email with the date of tests and procedure. i am still waiting but two weeks ago he sent me another email that they try organise procedure dates for many people for next few months and in next email he will confirm when will be my "day". i dont think is fraudulent but be carefull. i am waiting for his email day and night.
Guys, how long did you wait for the date of the procedure?
this email address i got from the reception of Euromedic in december so... is really hard to say. hope is not fraudulent

take care
Becia

ps by the way i am polish , live in Melbourne, i can translate polish if you need but my english is not "that good" :D like someone said about someone who was not native english speker
alby
Family Member

thank you for your offer

Post by alby »

i'm sure everyone appreciates it.
Richardk
Family Member

Post by Richardk »

I also received an email from Tomasz Ludyga today, noting an increase in fees, part of accomodation and transportation included, as well as asking for costs up front....what's peculiar is that it asks for the dates I will be in Poland in order to book the hotel, whereas all I know is that the procedure is sometime in August...unless proven to the contrary it appears genuine...I have responded asking for exact dates of my procedure
Richard
fiddler
Family Elder

Scam?

Post by fiddler »

Folks, this sounds VERY fishy, for a lot of reasons. Could a Polish-speaking person contact the clinic by phone (make sure it isn't a hoax number!) and find out what is going on - and let people on this thread know? This sounds like a carefully orchestrated scam to me, and the clinic shouldn't mind if we check things out.
...Ted
Dx SPMS in 2004.  Liberated 29/04/2010.
My blog: www.my-darn-ms.blogspot.com