Dr. Mehta in Albany, NY - Thank you, Kacey!

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
jr5646
Family Elder

Post by jr5646 »

The Center for Vascular Awareness has a Facebook page too...

http://www.facebook.com/Vaware

No real news on the clinical trial, but worth checking out...

Here is their Journal also.. I'm sure this has been posted before, but some may have missed it.

http://vaware.org/images/stories/pdfs/V ... Issue1.pdf
jr5646
Family Elder

Post by jr5646 »

Bueller.... Bueller... anyone, anyone... ????
bluesky63
Family Elder

Post by bluesky63 »

:-)
kc
Family Elder

Post by kc »

8)
Liber8
Family Member

Post by Liber8 »

Well, Mehta is either really late with the clinical trial or the DR has fallen by the wayside like so many others. Nice of the Doc to help get more attention to the cause though.
BooBear
Family Elder

Post by BooBear »

I just got a call back from Dr. Mehta's office. My demographics were taken, like others had posted, and I was told that I would receive a call from the doctors directly next week.

Anyone get the same call? I have my fingers crossed!

By the way, I plan to leverage the media upon my liberation treatment. I am fortunate enough to be in a major metropolitan area, so I am hoping for some good coverage in the city papers. The more of us we can highlight in the media, the better!
jr5646
Family Elder

Post by jr5646 »

@BooBear are you sure you are not talking about Dr. Siskin ??

http://www.communitycare.com/Practices/ ... Radiology/

Here is the thread:

http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-11645.html
thornyrose76
Family Elder

Post by thornyrose76 »

BooBear wrote:I just got a call back from Dr. Mehta's office. My demographics were taken, like others had posted, and I was told that I would receive a call from the doctors directly next week.

Anyone get the same call? I have my fingers crossed!

By the way, I plan to leverage the media upon my liberation treatment. I am fortunate enough to be in a major metropolitan area, so I am hoping for some good coverage in the city papers. The more of us we can highlight in the media, the better!
Please, please, please go to the media post treatment and post what ever physical improvements, like a before and after treatment, online. Film it then post it on youtube or wherever!!!!!!!
Liber8
Family Member

Post by Liber8 »

I was hoping the Vascular group would have started their trial by now.
RR DX 1993
FlashHack
Family Elder

Post by FlashHack »

Vein hope...
belsadie
Family Elder

Post by belsadie »

Has ANYONE heard ANYTHING about Dr. Mehta and his plans for the CCSVI testing/treatment?! I wonder if we'll be reading another of the "OH, sorry, it was a mistake" postings like Boston Med Center. (those cowards)...
jr5646
Family Elder

Post by jr5646 »

belsadie wrote:Has ANYONE heard ANYTHING about Dr. Mehta and his plans for the CCSVI testing/treatment?! I wonder if we'll be reading another of the "OH, sorry, it was a mistake" postings like Boston Med Center. (those cowards)...

nuttin here... a rogue neuro., screaming - its too dangerous, its too dangerous - I won't allow my poor ms patients to be subject to this horror, perhaps.. lol

still have my fingers crossed..
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

I met Dr. Mehta in person, and I believe he's worth waiting for.

Since this is my thread, I think I'll give his office a call tomorrow, and I'll let you all know what I learn.

~Pam
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

I called... same story. They're still waiting for IRB approval, "taking it week by week." It's now been four months of waiting since this thread was started.

After getting on Dr. Mehta's patient list, like some of you, I was able to find a way to have non-invasive CCSVI testing performed. Well, I found out that I do, indeed, have CCSVI, but I also found out that I am not a candidate for treatment because the MRv of my brain shows that some of my dural sinuses (similar to built-in pipes rather than flexible veins) are malformed/missing.

So, back in February, I removed myself from Dr. Mehta's patient list, BUT that doesn't mean I don't share your frustration with all this waiting -- you have my hopes and prayers that your phones will soon start to ring with good news.

Best of luck to everyone!
~Pam
belsadie
Family Elder

Post by belsadie »

You know happy poet, by the time the curtains are lifted, there just maybe research done that is working on your problem. How many of us would have thought that we'd be here at the right time to get a place in line to be Liberated?!

NEVER,NEVER stop the struggle against this MesS in our brains!
Please, Happy Poet, keep the faith........

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”