Tecfidera or thyroid nodule?

A forum to post questions, answers and discussion about general medications not specifically for multiple sclerosis, such as prednisone, painkillers, etc.
mpalla
Family Member

Tecfidera or thyroid nodule?

Post by mpalla »

Good evening. I am curious...I am losing hair by the handful and have been on tecfidera now 2 weeks. Only side effect is belly ache and when I gotta go...means few minutes from then. My hair is falling out. Endocrinologist appt is two weeks from now and tecfidera doesn't show that side effect. I had a ton of hair...but now I feel.. well soon...will be noticeable. Anyone notice this from tecfidera??
Or you think thyroid related?
Tks--M
Diagnosed 2-13-13. RRMS.
Ladymac
Family Elder

Re: Tecfidera or thyroid nodule?

Post by Ladymac »

Hi mpalla,

I haven't heard any reports of Tecfidera and hair loss officially. The endo is the best way to go. More than MS may be going on and that is a good path to find out what, if anything is going on and how to balance things out. Many of us with MS have other health issues as well and it is always a balancing act of what symptom belongs to what.

Good Luck!

Blessings,
Blessings,

Ladymac
RRMS diagnosed 2006
Tecfidera Started April 2013
:)
mpalla
Family Member

Re: Tecfidera or thyroid nodule?

Post by mpalla »

Went to endo....yaaay a good result. My nodules are too small to biopsy, got tests that take 2 weeks to get results to tell my levels then go from there. I was glad...didn't need more wrong. Ms is enough! My hair can be my chronic condition or drugs or thyroid. Going back in 1 month! We will see what's next....:)
Diagnosed 2-13-13. RRMS.