Best decision I ever made!

Gilenya, or Fingolimod, is the first approved oral disease modifying drug for MS.
Deedle

Best decision I ever made!

Post by Deedle »

I've been on Gilenya for 4 years now (reluctantly started in the clinical trial because I ran out of DMD options) and I've never felt better. I've had improvements in some of my MS symptoms and can't say enough about this drug. No more shots is a big plus but I've also had few side effects. I did have two upper respiratory infections I couldn't shake, so my neuro suggested I try the modified dosage of one pill every other day, which is working well for many (and me). I've been on this dosage for 2 years with continued good results and no more URIs. There's a Facebook group of Gilenya patients started by some long term users which is helpful for asking questions. You can find it by doing a Gilenya search of FB. I've found that everyone is different and different drugs work for different people, but most of the negative stuff out there is media hype - some even by competing drug companies. Studies are showing Gilenya to be very effective for most patients. Good luck with whatever med you try. This is just my personal experience and I hope the same good results for all of you.
amberfer
Family Member

Re: Best decision I ever made!

Post by amberfer »

Thanks for saying this! I've been on the drug three weeks, still doing fine. I'll join the Facebook group since you mentioned it - thank you!
OneEyeBlind
Family Member

Post by OneEyeBlind »

I have also been on Gilenya for 4 years and like you I have had a very positive experience with this medication. I had had enough with the injections (Copaxone) and went on Gilenya about 6 months after it was approved. I have not had any side effects and agree that it is one of the best decisions I have ever made.
Karen (OneEyeBlind) :wink:

* I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it!
Deedle

Post by Deedle »

It's still going well for me and this April will be 7 years on G with only one very small relapse. Are you a member of the Gilenya group on Facebook? A great bunch of people on there. New Gilenya users and some from the original trials with lots of experience. I hope you continue to do well!