Doubt about cannabinoids and fingolimod

Gilenya, or Fingolimod, is the first approved oral disease modifying drug for MS.
623san

Doubt about cannabinoids and fingolimod

Post by 623san »

Hi,

I'm a diagnosed MS patient for around 7 years or so. I've been taking Interferon B1a, first 44mu and now 22mu throughout all this time.

Around a week ago I discovered I had another relapse and the doctor recommended me to start with Fingolimod. But the first thing I did after that was checking Wikipedia and got to this quote:
Fingolimod has also been reported to be a cannabinoid receptor antagonist
Does that mean that once you start taking Fingolimod, the psychoactive effects of Marijuana won't affect you anymore? I've read about other cannabinoids besides THC which can be good for your health, some even endogenous. Would this antagonistic feature have any effect on those too?

Thanks.
msmyass

Re: Doubt about cannabinoids and fingolimod

Post by msmyass »

Hey I just posted about this. I am worried to because I'm switching to gilenya and pot is the only thing that helps with my pain and anxiety. Did you find anything out?
trrish
Getting to Know You...

Re: Doubt about cannabinoids and fingolimod

Post by trrish »

I was on Gilenya for 5 years and I use cannabis. I went off of it 5 months ago. I did not notice any difference in the effects of cannabis while on Gilenya or now that I am off of it. For what it's worth.

Trish