I'm switching to gilenya and I'm scared help please

Gilenya, or Fingolimod, is the first approved oral disease modifying drug for MS.
msmyass

I'm switching to gilenya and I'm scared help please

Post by msmyass »

So if i was on copaxone and it didn't work, and I switched to tecfidera only to get new enhanced lesions, and my dr is suggesting gilenya is that because there's a pattern in people who reject medications that typically work better wwith gilenya? Is it worth the side effects which are a step up from my previous treatments? Please help I have to decide on the medication and I am so scared of failing with another one and continuing to dwindle. I'm only 29 yrs old and I just got horrible news from my dr and I'm very scared. I'm a school teacher and I love my job I don't want to retire young. I have so much energy in the class it makes it worth it to fight the disease but if this stupid unfair disease gets in the way of the hugs I give my students I'm afraid losing that passion will break my heart and my mind.
dreddk
Family Elder

Re: I'm switching to gilenya and I'm scared help please

Post by dreddk »

Apologies for late reply! My wife is a school teacher, switched to gilenya two years ago after developing antibodies to tysabri. No side effects at all, no relapses since starting on it. Good luck!