Gilenya and MS in Netherlands

Gilenya, or Fingolimod, is the first approved oral disease modifying drug for MS.
rice123

Gilenya and MS in Netherlands

Post by rice123 »

Hello Everyone,

I have recently joined this community.
I have a question regarding the access to gilenya in Netherlands.
I currently live in Turkey and in Turkey everyone has a public health insurance and most of the medicines are reimbursed. I have MS for 7 years and currently using gilenya for one year. I do not pay anything for this drug in Turkey, i go to my neurologist, she prescribes it and i get it for free with prescription from the pharmacy.
I am thinking about moving to netherlands as an expat. I asked the company which i have applied and they gave me some information about the private insurance companies (and about the fact that everyone is obliged to have the basic coverage). Unfortunately i could not find any specific information about chronic diseases like MS and if the insurace companies cover the cost of the prescription for this kind of illnesses.

So , if anyone here have an experience in accessing MS drugs in netherlands as an expat or as a local resident could help me about the conditions i would highly appreciate it.