Fampyra, any other benefits

Ampyra is a potassium channel blocker that is shown to improve visual function, motor skills and relieve fatigue in MS patients.
gymbuff
Family Elder

Fampyra, any other benefits

Post by gymbuff »

Hi all,

I was wondering if there are any other benefits associated with Fampyra other than improved walking speed. I am not particlarly concerned with my walking speed but with my walking. I really look like a wreck when I walk and can no longer walk unassisted. I also wonder about the side effects that caused a previous poster to cease after just one dose. Being able to walk better would be great but when I need to go to the toilet I need to get to the bathroom fast. Any improvement in bowel/bladder issues?
I will be having tysabri infusion 49 in 2 weeks and while I noticed a huge improvement in my stamina when I started but I seem to have levelled off since then.
Gymbuff
leetz
Family Elder

HI...

Post by leetz »

the 2x's daily recommendation increased pain and spasticity for me so now i take one pill a day...increases speed...for me i think that is all...
GOD BLESS.... CCSVI treatment Dr. Siskin great doc....symptom's improved for about 3 week's (gait, balance, spasticity) now back to square 1...
pmouse
Family Member

Re: Fampyra, any other benefits

Post by pmouse »

I am on Fampira now for 5 weeks and I noticed next things:
- walking speed improved - 7,.. m in 3,8 s
- in 2 min I walked distance 187 metres
- I can more easy stand up from any position
- I am less tired - I have more energy
- my stability is better
- my nystazgmus is the same as before - I expected less nystagmus
- my urin urgency improved so I dont have to go to toilet at night
-
Anyway fampira is giving me an energy to be alive again and helps me coping with daily life.

But I was wondering is trere any analyse about the weight of person regarding Fampira dosge. I am taking 10 mg twice a day, buy I forgot few times and it was the same.
II have 63 kg and I would like to take it just in the morning.

Does anybody knows anything about that?

Regards

Robert
blavery

Re: Fampyra, any other benefits

Post by blavery »

I started using Ampyra 3.5 years ago. I didn't think it helped so I went off it. Then I realized how much it helped because my stamina took a nosedive. A year later I lost my insurance and could not use it again. Same thing, my endurance dropped immediately.

I managed to get back on it since. Before the drug I awoke every night with an urgency to urinate. In fact, that would come up during waking hours as well. Since the drug that has totally gone away. I sleep through the night and even on awakening I don't have to make a fast run to the washroom.