Ampyra - 2+ years and working great

Ampyra is a potassium channel blocker that is shown to improve visual function, motor skills and relieve fatigue in MS patients.
LetsGoMarauders

Ampyra - 2+ years and working great

Post by LetsGoMarauders »

My wife has been taking Ampyra for 2+ years now and so far it's working great with her balance and coordination.
No side effects. Was taking it in conjunction with Beta Seron but recently dropped Beta for Gilenya.
suze
Family Member

Re: Ampyra - 2+ years and working great

Post by suze »

It is good to hear that it is working for someone. I have only just started taking Fampyra and it hasn't had time to work. It's very expensive here ($600/month) but at least if it works, I will have some options.
gymbuff
Family Elder

Post by gymbuff »

I have just finished my 3rd week on fampyra. I noticed an improvement in my walking in the first week and my ability to stand unassisted by the end of the 2nd week. I haven't done much this week due to other family issues but will get back working on further improvements next week. My neuro said that if positive changes weren't visible within the first few weeks it probably wouldn't work at all. I think it's great stuff. I have not suffered from any of the listed possible side effects. :-D
suze
Family Member

Post by suze »

Even if it allows the taker to exercise a bit more and hopefully increase mobility, it would be good value.