Sativex ® in the treatment of bladder dysfunction in MS

A cannabis derived drug which has been approved in some countries to treat muscle spasticity.
MSUK
Family Elder

Sativex ® in the treatment of bladder dysfunction in MS

Post by MSUK »

GW Pharmaceuticals plc announced that results of a Phase II clinical study of Sativex® (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD)) in the treatment of bladder dysfunction in people with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) have been published in the peer-reviewed Journal, Multiple Sclerosis.

The authors of the paper state that “this study does provide clinical evidence across a range of bladder-related endpoints that Sativex® has some beneficial effect when used for treatment of the bladder symptoms in patients with MS”. ... Read More - http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm/fuseact ... ageid/1814
MS-UK - http://www.ms-uk.org/
Bubba
Family Elder

Post by Bubba »

I would be happy to stand and pisss like a man again vs cathing! Stinks when you are at the beach, sitting in the water,drinkin beer, and have to get out of the water every thirty minutes to go pee!!!! I wanna pee in the water like everyone else! 8O
w/m 44
The problem comes with the decision of weighing the unknown with the unknown.
SandyK
Family Elder

Post by SandyK »

I read the above links about this drug and one thing I found interesting was the reaction of the MS Society..."Mr Schofield's wife Liz, a support officer at the Halifax branch of the MS Society, said: "Living with MS is difficult and the symptoms can be very debilitating - anything that helps people manage their condition is good news and it should be made available if there is a clinical need." Why isn't testing and treatment of CCSVI seen as positive? I'm a simple girl. What am I missing?
1eye
Family Elder

Re: Sativex® in the treatment of bladder dysfunction in MS

Post by 1eye »

This thread ended in 2010 and I found it in the links below a recent thread. I just wanted to mention that this question has not been answered. 2 other comments:

Since that asking, there has been a concerted attempt, mainly by neurologists and MS drug companies, to discredit CCSVI treatment. The MS society has used donations by their supporters for some very questionable research, in an attempt to kill off real research into CCSVI. There has been at least one death which may be related to the blackballing of anyone and anything related to this treatment.

The benefits of cannabis are known. People have started hoarding cannabis in anticipation of its legalization, in spite of the fact that Sativex is already legal. I personally think Sativex use allows me to play piano better, and musicians have known this for more than a century. Anyone who has seen the film "Reefer Madness" knows what that can lead to. 8) This seems to be a direct effect on my nervous system, which is compromised by MS.

I get the idea that it is far less important for MS to be treated than for the existing banking, drug, and medical establishments to continue with the status quo and existing revenue streams, regardless of whether any MS patients improve, stay the same, or die.

Against these enemies, CCSVI treatment hasn't got a prayer. Who was it said "You will know them by their fruit."?
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)