Why can't I have the cannabis spray that eases agonies of MS

A cannabis derived drug which has been approved in some countries to treat muscle spasticity.
MSUK
Family Elder

Why can't I have the cannabis spray that eases agonies of MS

Post by MSUK »

Susan Costello was diagnosed with a progressive form of the neurological disease multiple sclerosis in 2003, soon after getting married.

Her condition has slowly deteriorated.

I can’t feel anything in my right foot – it’s like a piece of dead meat,’ says the 49-year-old mother of one from Prestwich, Manchester.

‘When I walk, I often need to lean against a wall or ask for a friend to help support me.

Every day I get painful spasms in my right leg, which make it stiffen and stop me sleeping.’

But there is a drug that can help MS sufferers like Susan. ... Read More - http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm/fuseact ... ageid/1814
MS-UK - http://www.ms-uk.org/
LokeRundt
Getting to Know You...

Post by LokeRundt »

it grows as a plant! How you gonna keep the plant illegal (when many of the therapeutic effects can be derived by alcohol extraction) and then charge an insane amount because some company has got a patent on how to synthesize the cannabinoids?

grrrr this all makes me churn

*profile pic drawn by my wife, Mira Arntzen*
mrbarlow
Family Elder

Post by mrbarlow »

LokeRundt wrote:it grows as a plant! How you gonna keep the plant illegal (when many of the therapeutic effects can be derived by alcohol extraction) and then charge an insane amount because some company has got a patent on how to synthesize the cannabinoids?

grrrr this all makes me churn

Therein lies Mrs. Costello's answer to her problem :wink:
Bender
Family Elder

Post by Bender »

Seriously though, I've smoked weed my entire adult life, and I want to quit for health reasons rather badly. Now I could move 20 miles and me in a state that (theoretically) would make my medical marijuana legal, but I can't move inside the US to a place that will let me use the much less harmful inhaler.

I know the damned puritan's hate everyone else, but I don't care if they put something to kill the buzz in so long as it's not a stimulant (the govt has no problem giving us speed after all) and it still makes it make me feel better.

Return to “Sativex”