Sativex - Mobility/Spasticity

A cannabis derived drug which has been approved in some countries to treat muscle spasticity.
gauchito
Family Member

Sativex - Mobility/Spasticity

Post by gauchito »

I recently learned of a new drug approved in Europe named Sativex that has the potential of significantly improving spasticity. It seems to me that is also available in Canada.
I know that it is perhaps topic for other forum but it occurs that I was liberated 9 months ago and spaticity is practically the only major problem left.
Any comment/feedback on this drug?
ppicklee
Family Member

sativex

Post by ppicklee »

I use sativex and it helps the pain for me. It is a cannabis thing. Much more expensive . easy to take. jmo.
bruce123
Family Elder

Post by bruce123 »

Sativex has been in use in Canada for a few years. As stated, it is a Cannabis based spray that is sprayed under the tongue. My wife used it for several months and it didn't do much to help her nerve pain.

A few of her doctors stated, off the record, that marijuana was much better than Sativex as it was much stronger. We didn't try that as we are not interested in stinking up our house and dealing with the legalities.

Bruce.
Thekla
Family Elder

Post by Thekla »

a vaporizer like the aromazap doesn't stink up the house. You can google it, it even looks nice--not headshop-like! It is also healthier than smoking.
HarryZ
Family Elder

Post by HarryZ »

bruce123 wrote:Sativex has been in use in Canada for a few years. As stated, it is a Cannabis based spray that is sprayed under the tongue. My wife used it for several months and it didn't do much to help her nerve pain.

A few of her doctors stated, off the record, that marijuana was much better than Sativex as it was much stronger. We didn't try that as we are not interested in stinking up our house and dealing with the legalities.

Bruce.
You can get a medical MJ rx in Canada and instead of smoking it, incorporate it in food preparation. It takes longer for the MJ to get into the system that way but many people use that method and it does work.

Harry