Sativex trial in Argentina

A cannabis derived drug which has been approved in some countries to treat muscle spasticity.
gauchito
Family Member

Sativex trial in Argentina

Post by gauchito »

The drug is not approved in Argentina yet. I am in the process of organizing a clinical trial for a group of us. I already contacted GW and gathering doctors down here who will lead the trial and make medical evaluations. Can I have feedback from those of you who used it for spasticity on its efficacy, side effects, impressions, etc.
Thx a lot !
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Re: Sativex trial in Argentina

Post by CureOrBust »

Do Argentina only approve drugs they have tested themselves? in Australia, apart from drugs tested here, we accept the results from FDA approved trials from around the world I think. Are you sure its not just the fact that the medication is based on a substance considered as a narcotic banned because of public abuse? are the CRABS available? and did Argentina do their own trials on these as well?
gauchito
Family Member

Post by gauchito »

As a general rule the country might approve drugs approved somewhere else. I do not have details on reciprocal agreements on that respect It might be just a commercial problem on how and when GW decides to officially market the drug and therefore requests a license. Unfortunately CRABS are available. Many of us are escaping from them and decided to explore new ideas to carry on the battle. We already have CCSVI developed (I was intervened 1 year ago) and now looking for new helpful stuff. Sativex might be one. We would like to accelerate a trial in he country. That is why I am looking for user feedback
Cannabis4MSinBC
Getting to Know You...

Post by Cannabis4MSinBC »

Two simple avenues of research to follow would be Health Canada, our nation being the first in the world to approve Sativex for prescription to adults with MS. They might be able to provide you with some of the trial study publications for Sativex. On an added note, the Health Canada guidelines for drug approval are usually far more stringent than US FDA and their criteria for acceptance. Quite likely, if Canada says it's okay, Argentina will likely follow suit.

And quite simply, as GW Pharmecetucals. Every drug company keeps a list of where their products have appeared in respective medical journals. Most all of those studies can be purchased, but the abstract alone will indicate an efficacy or not.

If you haven't found it already, try NCBI at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ and search within the PubMed section of their database. There are both full studies and study abstracts available to read. If there are any paid studies that you may be interested in reading, ask your largest local library if they're connect to the EBSCO database. Their resident book worm geek should be able to show you through the specifics of accessing those database publications they subscribe to (with your tax dollars), a wealth of information that makes Google look lame.

Just be prepared to read, a lot.