My Doctor's Opinion

A cannabis derived drug which has been approved in some countries to treat muscle spasticity.
Azaeleaprawn
Family Member

Re: My Doctor's Opinion

Post by Azaeleaprawn »

Cannabis4MSinBC

Most likely that they're just afraid to alienate the pharmaceutical companies that pay them off so well.
What else would have intelligent people burying their heads in the sand?

Have you looked into this referral service at these sites: (http://www.medicalmarijuana.ca/for-pati ... -marijuana http://www.medicalmarijuanacure.com/med ... or-canada/) provided at a cost?

Some other info at the same site http://www.medicalmarijuana.ca/learning ... -questions
Azaeleaprawn
Family Member

Post by Azaeleaprawn »

Cannabis4MSinBC
I wonder what that neuro would say if a patient suggested they were going to drink poppy head tea as a method of pain management, sipping those steamy opiates rather than popping a condensed pill.
Exactly!
Similar thoughts occurred to me as that neuro ranted on about brain rot but I didn't even venture to ask about the lethal effect of opiates on the brain and body as he was quite obviously so enjoying hearing himself hold forth. He also had disparaging remarks about CCSVI, calling it a money grab.
All I can say is that I took away with me from my appointment at the MS clnic that day disapointment & a very heightened sense of direspect in certain members of the canadian medical community.

There seems to be a lack of respect by them for people with MS wanting to try anything other than their prescribed drugs and methods and when those don't work they just write another prescription all in vain and say disparaging things about supplements, diet and alternative types of treatment with strong hints of quackery about those alternate treatments that one might have mentioned in passing. All so sad to run into such unenlightened individuals in our health care system!
Azaeleaprawn
Family Member

Post by Azaeleaprawn »

Got it!
CHMM forms filled out & signed by GP now all to do is get DG to fill out their part, submit the whole thing & I'm good to go.
So it is doable - just requires persistence.
kiwee
Family Member

Post by kiwee »

wow.
to say that i had the total reverse happen would explain it.
i told my doctor that i started experimenting with weed in the form of baked goods, particularly brownies which i had been making myself.
explained that my bladder was a lot more relaxed, my legs didn't fatigue as much and my overall 'pain' level was much improved. he told me that he was against smoking due to the high levels of tar and you never know just quite what you are getting when you smoke. he immediately wrote me a script for marinol (marijuana pill), after looking high (pardon the pun) and low, i found out that the drug was impossible to come by. my pharmacist began looking into alternates and came across sativex.
once my insurance company approved my claim i was off to the races.
i am really shocked at how ass backwards we are here in canada.
as if people with ms don't have enough to fight against we also have to fight the people who are supposed to be providing 'care' for us.
Azaeleaprawn
Family Member

Post by Azaeleaprawn »

"i am really shocked at how ass backwards we are here in canada.
as if people with ms don't have enough to fight against we also have to fight the people who are supposed to be providing 'care' for us."

Oh yes I definitely concur - sadly the awesome GP I had was diagnosed with rapid degenrative kidney failure so he has left so unfortunately I'm back searching for an empathetic MS saavy physician