Sativex availability in the US?

A cannabis derived drug which has been approved in some countries to treat muscle spasticity.
Golgotha

Sativex availability in the US?

Post by Golgotha »

I live in a US state which has a medical marijuana (MMJ) law. IMO that law and the "dispensaries" were crafted to test out business models and procedures for when marijuana is legalized for the general population. Their medical aspects are just laughable lip service.

The problem I have is that the weed in dispensaries are an ever-changing series of hybrid strains with cutesy strain-names obviously dreamed up by some stoner who thought the name was a good marketing gimmick. It's rare that a strain is in the dispensary for more than a month or two.

The edibles are many, but my experience is that they are chemically-extracted THC or CBD and put into candies or whatever.

What my experience has taught me is that only THC or CBD is a poor medicine for MS. My theory is that it takes a "whole plant" combination of the many cannabinoids in marijuana to be effective in me.

From what I understand, Sativex is a "whole plant" extract that would fit that bill. I'm interested in it also because it's a "fixed" product -- that it will be the same month after month after month.

But the question I have is whether Sativex can be imported/prescribed in the US -- can it?
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Sativex availability in the US?

Post by NHE »

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for your question. However, CW Hemp's original formula is a whole plant alcohol based extract (though it's very low in THC content). Being a whole plant extract, it contains a variety of cannabinoids. It's a bit on the expensive side though.

https://www.charlottesweb.com/original-formula-cbd-oil

Return to “Sativex”