Liberation Treatment

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Avonex
KrisBCrunch

Liberation Treatment

Post by KrisBCrunch »

Hi, is there anyone out there who has had the Liberation Treatment and was taking Avonex. If so, did you stop the Avonex or are you still taking it? Thank you.
smokey
Family Member

Re: Liberation Treatment

Post by smokey »

KrisBCrunch wrote:Hi, is there anyone out there who has had the Liberation Treatment and was taking Avonex. If so, did you stop the Avonex or are you still taking it? Thank you.
Hi KrisBCrunch....I had a venogram and angioplasty in May - continued to use Avonex....Smokey
KrisBCrunch

Post by KrisBCrunch »

Hi Smokey, thanks for the reply. How many years have you been on Avonex? Where did you have your venogram and angioplasty and what has the outcome been. I appreciate any information you are able to give. Thanks again.
smokey
Family Member

Post by smokey »

KrisBCrunch wrote:Hi Smokey, thanks for the reply. How many years have you been on Avonex? Where did you have your venogram and angioplasty and what has the outcome been. I appreciate any information you are able to give. Thanks again.
Hi, I've been injecting Avonex for a year now. The venogram/angioplasty on my left IJV was performed in Australia. The outcome after the first angio (May 2010) was excellent, improved vision, energy levels ++, balance ++, no more headaches. But I restenosed after 2 weeks and now my left IJV is occluded and there is a thrombus and a part of the left IJV appears to have disappeared! I think this is called a 'discontinuation'. The IR is now not sure whether he ballooned a collateral rather than the IJV first time around. Right IJV and Azygos are good. PM me if you need any more info.... Smokey