positive on avonex

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Avonex
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: positive on avonex

Post by NHE »

Hd5guy wrote:Well I injected my first full dose on Friday,now I can relate to some of the side effects.rough nite through sat am but now approx 30 hrs after doing much better. Temp control is still crazy sweats than cold than sweats. Friday told myself ill never do this again,but now thinking its better than a uncontrolled free fall of ms. Starting pen next week and hoping the juice is worth the squeeze :)
Are you taking anything for the side effects? Try ibuprofen, e.g., 400 mg at the time of your shot and then another 400 mg about 5 or 6 hours later.

NHE
buygirl
Getting to Know You...

Post by buygirl »

I seem to fine the day after the shot, it is the second day that I don't feel great. I get chills and flu like symptoms.

How long should I be taking the advil for? I take 600 mg at time of shot and 600 mg in the middle of the night.

I take the shot on Friday night and I am fine Sat but Sun AM I tend to wake not feeling great.

Thanks
Sari
janr609
Getting to Know You...

Post by janr609 »

Hello Sari,

I would try taking Aleve, I have heard from others and my dr say it works best for managing the side effects. I take 2 220 mg 1/2 before shot and 2 again about 2 hours later...good luck!
buygirl
Getting to Know You...

Post by buygirl »

It seems as though my flu like symptoms are escalating.
I started taking the shot mid day Saturday hoping I would be better by Sunday morning. It seems that most of Sat and Sun I am not feeling well.
Any insight? I switched to Aleve but it does not seem to be helping. I have been on Avonex for 4 months now.

Thanks
Sari