Acronym's Are Not My Friend

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Avonex
JPH

Acronym's Are Not My Friend

Post by JPH »

Hi all, I am new here and have been reading up on many of the informative posts! One of my biggest problems has been trying to decipher many of the abbreviated acronyms that are used A LOT! I have no trouble looking up unfamiliar words and expanding my vocabulary and medical terminology knowledge, but those plain capital letters used to designate ? are a big handicap for me. Please excuse some basic "dumb" questions I may post as I move along through my reading. Thank you all in advance! :geek:
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: Acronym's Are Not My Friend

Post by ElliotB »

LOL! (sorry, could not resist!) I don't know too many of them either.

By the way, hi and welcome to TIMS!
euphoniaa
Volunteer Moderator

Post by euphoniaa »

JPH wrote:Hi all, I am new here and have been reading up on many of the informative posts! One of my biggest problems has been trying to decipher many of the abbreviated acronyms that are used A LOT! I have no trouble looking up unfamiliar words and expanding my vocabulary and medical terminology knowledge, but those plain capital letters used to designate ? are a big handicap for me. Please excuse some basic "dumb" questions I may post as I move along through my reading. Thank you all in advance! :geek:
Hi JPH and welcome!

NHE put together a glossary of abbreviations for us on pg 2 of the Forums FAQ thread here:

http://www.thisisms.com/forum/site-supp ... ml#p210825

Click on the link above and scroll down a ways. And if that doesn't cover them all, feel free to ask. :smile:
Dx'd with MS & HNPP (hereditary peripheral neuropathy) 7/03 but must have had MS for 30 yrs before that. I've never taken meds for MS except 1 yr experiment on LDN. (I found diet, exercise, sleep, humor, music help me the most.)
JPH

Post by JPH »

Thank you euphoniaa for that link! I will read it and try to get a crash course in the art of abbreviated medical terminology (aoamt) ;)

Return to “Avonex”