1 Year milestone

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Avonex
rasnet6

1 Year milestone

Post by rasnet6 »

Has anyone managed to get past the 1 year milestone on avonex and if so has it made a difference to your quality of life?

I also wonder does anyone feel it relives their tiredness - or perhaps add to it..

Im getting to the stage of wondering whether it does anything for me and are the side effects worth it??
jicepf
Getting to Know You...

Post by jicepf »

I went on Avonex and went about six months without a relapse. When I went on Avonex twice a week I went 22 months without a relapse. So it works for me at the higher dosage, and my m.r.is show improvement. It has been worth it for me, but everyone is different. :)
hotpepper

Post by hotpepper »

Hi all, Been on Avonex for 1yr. 6 months. Had my MRI last month. No new lesions or no active lesions, so I guess that's good. As for as helping the way I feel, don't know. I stay very tired-- could just be the MS. How much Avonex do u take twice a week? Never heard of taking it twice a week, ofcourse there is a lot I don't know about this MS as I am fairly new. Pepper
LindaR
Family Member

Post by LindaR »

Been on Avonex for 9 months with no major relapses. Do experience mild fatigue but that's generally a few days before the onset of my period. There's that hormone/MS connection again!!!!