Chiropractic care for MS for dummies?

Discussion of chiropractic methods used to address multiple sclerosis symptoms.
orphansparrow
Family Member

Chiropractic care for MS for dummies?

Post by orphansparrow »

Hi all. I have read through some threads, but don't usually understand what people are referring to, and I'm wondering if someone can direct me to info about chiropractic care for MS in general.

My husband has PPMS, and is not taking any medication at all (for about a year), and has been on the Wahl's diet for about 2 years. We are interested in learning how chiropractic care might help him.

Thank you!
vesta
Family Elder

Re: Chiropractic care for MS for dummies?

Post by vesta »

orphansparrow wrote:Hi all. I have read through some threads, but don't usually understand what people are referring to, and I'm wondering if someone can direct me to info about chiropractic care for MS in general.

My husband has PPMS, and is not taking any medication at all (for about a year), and has been on the Wahl's diet for about 2 years. We are interested in learning how chiropractic care might help him.

Thank you!
Greetings:

Check out Chiropractor Dr Scott Rosa's work on CCSVI Alliance www.ccsvi.org/. I believe MS presents a problem with obstructed fluid circulation (venous blood flow/cerebral spinal fluid) through the central nervous system. It is imperative to overcome obstructions to free fluid flows. I also think PPMS in particular originates in a damaged spine (accident, childhood sports trauma, heavy physical work trauma?) A chiropractor should be the best therapist to try to resolve obstructions to cerebral spinal fluid. Look to obtaining an exam by the FONAR upright cinematic MRI to see how fluids flow. Check out my site https://www.mscureenigmas.net/ where I explain this in detail. NUCCA chiropractors focus on the cervicals.
As with all therapies, skills and knowledge vary, but if you focus on freeing fluid obstructions, I think your husband can find some relief.

Best regards, Vesta
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

Your best bet to find out if a chiropractor can help you is to talk to one and then try a few treatments. Chiropractors help many people but not everyone. I have had success with chiropractic services over the years not related to MS.

Many chiropractors also practice Applied Kinesiology (most internet articles on Applied Kinesiology conclude that it is not legit, but who knows, it is not expensive and it could be worth a try also as many people do have favorable experiences). I have been visiting one for the past week and after two treatments have finally got through a night without having to get up for hours from pain for the 1st time in about 4 years. Could just be a coincidence... Although I am skeptical about Applied Kinesiology, I do plan to continue treatment at least for a little while.
orphansparrow
Family Member

Post by orphansparrow »

Thank you for your replies @vesta and @ElliotB I really appreciate it!
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

Just a bit of an update on my experience.

I had to skip several weeks of seeing my chiropractor and since I didn't notice any difference, I have decided to discontinue using him. At least for now.
orphansparrow
Family Member

Post by orphansparrow »

Thanks for your follow up @ElliotB I'm sorry you didn't notice any difference!