Anyone had UCC and no benefits?

Discussion of chiropractic methods used to address multiple sclerosis symptoms.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Anyone had UCC and no benefits?

Post by CureOrBust »

Yes, I understand that some people would have had treatment by people lacking in knowledge and practice. However, I would still like to hear about anyone who has had a treatment that resulted in no clear benefits to their MS?
euphoniaa
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Anyone had UCC and no benefits?

Post by euphoniaa »

CureOrBust wrote:Yes, I understand that some people would have had treatment by people lacking in knowledge and practice. However, I would still like to hear about anyone who has had a treatment that resulted in no clear benefits to their MS?
Hi Cure,

Not sure if UCC benefits could be specifically pinned down to MS issues in the first place. I find the whole UCC/MS connection intriguing - mainly because I know I have UCC issues ALONG with my MS, proven by my C-spine MRI. I plan to pursue UCC treatment, because all these years I've always assumed that most of my problems were due to whiplash-type injuries anyway since they're so related to position and movement. In fact, I've had relief from one MS-y type symptom by going to a general chiropractor many years ago.

In my case, however, it would be impossible to separate the symptoms of MS from UCC injury and from HNPP (hereditary peripheral neuropathy). I assume it would be the same for others. MS itself is an ever-changing medical condition, and we all seem to be blessed with an infernal amount of other medical conditions along with it. :smile:
Dx'd with MS & HNPP (hereditary peripheral neuropathy) 7/03 but must have had MS for 30 yrs before that. I've never taken meds for MS except 1 yr experiment on LDN. (I found diet, exercise, sleep, humor, music help me the most.)
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

euphoniaa wrote:... mainly because I know I have UCC issues ALONG with my MS, proven by my C-spine MRI.
Thats made me think of another question, I think is worthy of a new thread.

Who and how did you become aware of your UCC issues through your MRI? Was it something you could see yourself? your neurologist? a UCC physician?
Farmz

Post by Farmz »

Hi Euphoniaa,
have you been able to get the UCC procedure done, and if so what were the results?
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

experience and practice is what my ucc dr lacks as for the past 3 months ive felt no improvement and he rejects my idea of rexraying me

ive heard of ucc by uprightdoc(dr flanagan)

u cant distinguish between ucc and ms symptoms most of the time because for example i use to have heat sensitivity and fatigue ms symptom right but my very first ucc adjustment got rid of my heat sensitivity and fatigue. it got rid of my lower back pain which i associate with ucc not so much ms. l'hermitte gone but i still got tinnitus. constant headaches gone
Cynde
Getting to Know You...

Post by Cynde »

What is UCC?
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

Cynde wrote:What is UCC?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upper_Cerv ... iropractic

I actually started this thread and thought it stood for Upper Cervical Care. As we say in Aus, "same dif" :smile:
euphoniaa
Volunteer Moderator

Post by euphoniaa »

CureOrBust wrote:
Cynde wrote:What is UCC?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upper_Cerv ... iropractic

I actually started this thread and thought it stood for Upper Cervical Care. As we say in Aus, "same dif" :smile:
Yeah, I keep using UCC when I'm only referring to the UC area of my spine, too. :smile:
Dx'd with MS & HNPP (hereditary peripheral neuropathy) 7/03 but must have had MS for 30 yrs before that. I've never taken meds for MS except 1 yr experiment on LDN. (I found diet, exercise, sleep, humor, music help me the most.)
euphoniaa
Volunteer Moderator

Post by euphoniaa »

Farmz wrote:Hi Euphoniaa,
have you been able to get the UCC procedure done, and if so what were the results?
Oops, sorry I didn't get back to this thread to answer your question, Farmz. No, I haven't had any UCC treatment yet. I had thought I might convince my neuro to order a new C-spine MRI at my December appointment so I could use it to guide treatment, but she basically pooh-poohed all my attempts to describe my UC issues (Hey, I don't think I've ever managed to work the sophisticated term "pooh-pooh" into one of my posts here before. Cool! :smile: )

Then there were the holidays, and now it's the first of the semester at the office, giving me long work days. I tried to identify a skilled NUCCA practitioner close by, but failed, even with Upright Doc's assistance and advice. I even had a surprise bout of mid back muscle spasms over Christmas that almost sent me to the ER. That was a whole new experience for me, and I would have gone to a regular chiro if it hadn't subsided after a couple weeks rest and NO exercise.

Now I'm back to being busy but healthy, a few pounds lighter, and pain-free again. I'll keep everyone posted.
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

the only advice i can give is search upper cervical care and your town, hopefully that helps you find a dr close to you.

it may not be a nucca dr but theres a few different "styles" of ucc but all do the same thing