Could our MRI images be used to identify UCC issues?

Discussion of chiropractic methods used to address multiple sclerosis symptoms.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Could our MRI images be used to identify UCC issues?

Post by CureOrBust »

I know euphoniaa has identified UCC issues on her c-spine MRI. So I was wondering, is it possible to see UCC or even rule out UCC simply by having a UCC physician view our C-Spine MRI's? Im personally sceptical about this possibilty, as our heads are physically held still and in a non-natural position for the images, but I also have not been trained as a UCC. I would also think if it were possible, there would of been so many available historical images, any UCC researcher could of performed an historical research paper on any links between MS and UCC. One could then say in hindsight, the silence is deafening.
euphoniaa
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Could our MRI images be used to identify UCC issues?

Post by euphoniaa »

CureOrBust wrote:I know euphoniaa has identified UCC issues on her c-spine MRI. So I was wondering, is it possible to see UCC or even rule out UCC simply by having a UCC physician view our C-Spine MRI's? Im personally sceptical about this possibilty, as our heads are physically held still and in a non-natural position for the images, but I also have not been trained as a UCC. I would also think if it were possible, there would of been so many available historical images, any UCC researcher could of performed an historical research paper on any links between MS and UCC. One could then say in hindsight, the silence is deafening.
Hi C or B,

Here's the radiologist report from my very first MRI, in 2003. I posted it along with the rest of my story on p 111-112 of the CCVBP/CCSVI thread. As I said there, I have always blamed many of my body's infirmities on early whiplash type injuries, and had expected them to return to cause me problems in adulthood. The C-spine MRI proved that my spine was damaged, but the brain MRI also proved I had a brain full of classic MS lesions as well. My neuro has only ordered brain MRIs since then, but I hope to get a new C-spine MRI in the future. Who knows? I may have even developed spinal lesions by now, considering my deteriorating walking ability, and I'd like to know if that's the case.

Here's my C-Spine MRI report. I also have a copy of all my MRI images on CD.
There is diffuse discogenic degenerative change evidenced by desiccation throughout the cervical spine and also involving the upper thoracic spine. Mild disk space narrowing is seen at the C4-C5, C5-C6 and C6-C7 levels and accompanied by broad-based disk bulging. Cervical spinal cord and canal have normal signal shape and appearance. There are no cervical spinal cord lesions seen.

C3-C4: There is a tiny central endplate spur resulting in focal effacement on the thecal sac with no central canal or lateral recess stenosis.

C4-C5: There is moderate anterior effacement of the thecal sac secondary to broad-based disk bulging and endplate spurring with no central canal or lateral recess stenosis.

C5-C6: Moderate anterior effacement of the thecal sac is secondary to broad-based disk bulging and endplate spurring.

C6-C7: There is mild anterior effacement of the thecal sac secondary to broad-based disk bulging with no central canal or lateral recess stenosis.

IMPRESSION: There is mild cervical spondylosis predominantly on the basis of endplate spurring and disk bulging without evidence of central canal stenosis or focal nerve root impingement.
Dx'd with MS & HNPP (hereditary peripheral neuropathy) 7/03 but must have had MS for 30 yrs before that. I've never taken meds for MS except 1 yr experiment on LDN. (I found diet, exercise, sleep, humor, music help me the most.)
civickiller
Family Elder

Re: Could our MRI images be used to identify UCC issues?

Post by civickiller »

talk with uprightdoc in the ccvbp/ccsvi thread, he'll know