Chiropractic

Discussion of chiropractic methods used to address multiple sclerosis symptoms.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Chiropractic

Post by NHE »

Due to a couple of falls that I've had in last two years, one which resulted in a concussion and the other which required 4 stitches in my forehead, I decided to try some chiropractic therapy. I had 5 sessions of chiropractic treatment earlier this month. The initial exam found that my atlas was shifted to the side and rotated, my pelvis was rotated forward and up on one side, my legs were uneven and that my cranial pulse was weak. After the first treatment it was immediately apparent that my walking was noticeably worse. After the second or third treatment I experienced complete relief of my constipation symptoms. At the end of the treatment period my atlas and pelvic alignment are improved and my cranial pulse is stronger. However, the chiropractic treatment was not able to address the reversal of cervical lordosis which was seen on x-ray. Symptom wise, my right hand no longer gets ice cold and my feet don't appear to get swollen as easily if at all. Unfortunately, my walking has not improved. The constipation has shifted back somewhat, but it's not nearly as bad it was. Hopefully, these improvements stick around for awhile.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Chiropractic

Post by jimmylegs »

good news overall, nhe!

perhaps your proprioception needs more time to adjust to a new physical layout. I have been learning more about this idea in physio, since I did in my knee. I have to do exercises where I balance on one foot and look rapidly in different directions. it forces my body to use muscles rather than eyes to stay in position, while overall the rest of me has been slowly learning how to use a knee with a missing ligament.

I used to be a lot worse with proprioception and at one time it was quite clear that my eyes were a major player in how I positioned myself. the klenner protocol made a significant dent in my earlier, glaring problems.

these balance drills pointed up more subtle issues which made me realize why I had previously felt disoriented on ladders - look up, and there goes the frame of reference. I also noticed that the ladder problem faded with repetition. so interesting that yes, I did simply 'get used to' ladders, but it seems it would have been due to forcing my body to take a more active role in my balance overall.

I will ask my physio guy at my next appt if he thinks standing balance drills could help you too.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

thats good you felt those improvements. Most likely youll need weekly visits at first. My first visit with a Upper Cervical Chiropractor i had complete relief of all my symptoms with improved walking, not perfect but improved. My lower back pain completely gone.

i believe a lack of CerebrialSpinalFluid flow and spinal alignment is the key. If you can read ebooks, i recommend "The Gateway to 10,000 Illnesess" by Robert Boyd DO. i also believe we need skeletal realignment, a top down approach starting with the cranial bones then jaw misalignment then if needed a UCC Dr which hopefully C1 was already realigned with cranial and jaw alignment. its taking different therapies and finding a common link, C1

i learned about everything in reverse order so i get to try all over again, ive done UCC and getting braces now so i get to try cranialsacral or biocranial last when i believe it should go, cranial, jaw, then C1 if needed
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

civickiller wrote:thats good you felt those improvements. Most likely youll need weekly visits at first. My first visit with a Upper Cervical Chiropractor i had complete relief of all my symptoms with improved walking, not perfect but improved. My lower back pain completely gone.
The first 4 visits, evaluation + 3 treatments, were twice a week. The last 2 treatments were once a week.

Return to “Chiropractic Treatment”