VA Disability

A place for discussion related to MS and veterans.
clavallee

VA Disability

Post by clavallee »

Department of Veterans Affairs
1240 E Ninth St
Cleveland Ohio 44199

File Number 305-64-4180

I have been notified by Sherrod Browns office that the VA is stating they do not have evidence surrounding my VA claim that proves I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. I clearly have an MRI that is standard and reliable for a diagnosis for MS.My MRI clearly states that the findings are consistent with Multiple Sclerosis. It also clearly states the findings are probable for MS along with my vision difficulties I was having. I have supplied the following 13 years of medical treatment for Multiple Sclerosis from Nero Science and the VA and Social Security, which coordinate and support the diagnosis of MS. I also have been approved for Social security disability for MS, which again proves that I indeed was diagnosed with MS. I have no other disease except for secondary issues that come along with MS which also proves this was indeed a diagnosis for MS besides all of this your requirements for receiving benefits is a diagnosis or proven symptoms regarding the disease which I clearly have. I should not and will not stand for this kind of treatment and will have someone higher up look into this. I have suffered with this debilitating disease for 19 years now and have not asked for anything and now that I am totally disabled I should not be treated in this manner. Again I have enough evidence showing I clearly have Multiple Sclerosis/and or symptoms of the disease starting in 1996. 5.5 years after my service with the Navy.

Thank you,
Craig Lavallee
Richardjh101

Re: VA Disability

Post by Richardjh101 »

All that has to be shown "was that it was more likely than not." Those exact words need to be out into your chart. My Neurologist knew me for many years and put those exact words into his notes. Because of that language the BVA gave me 100% service connection.
Rich
Richardjh101

Post by Richardjh101 »

Craig,
Just read your post on the troubles that you have been having I made an appointment with my Neurologist and in his report it stated, more likely than not. You need this exact language in his report just like another mentioned. I made an appointment with the Board of Veterans Appeals in Oakland CA. The minute she read the report from my Neurologist she said that was all she needed and I was given a R1 rating with 8 years of back pay. NEVER give up, keep plugging along. That is your job.
Rich
Inferno

Post by Inferno »

Craig I just read your post and I am sorry you are having to go through this. My husband had a spinal tap along with a MRI to DX his MS. I have noticed that when speaking to other doctors they question to make sure he has MS and ask if he had a spinal tap done. Hopefully your doctor did one and try giving that to see what happens. Good luck to you.