JCV and BG-12

Discuss Tecfidera (BG-12, dimethyl fumarate) as an oral treatment for multiple sclerosis.
Ladymac
Family Elder

Re: JCV and BG-12

Post by Ladymac »

:lol:
Blessings,

Ladymac
RRMS diagnosed 2006
Tecfidera Started April 2013
:)
Ash3
Family Member

Post by Ash3 »

I have to just say we all have ms and the support and information we receive can be overwhelming. Some choose to constantly stay on the computer and research hour after hour. I choose not too. Ladymac has literally been the most informative and supportive through the transition I went through with Tecfidera. I feel I am going for quality over quantity of life. I want to be aware of all the possibilities of taking any medication however the bottom line is one should go with their gut feeling. Ash3
savimavi
Getting to Know You...

Post by savimavi »

I agree, hats off to Ladymac. Great advice all around. It can be overwhelming if you live your whole life around MS related things, so deciding on the best meds for each person & doing the best you can is the only way to go. I am glad I pushed through a rough start with Tecfidera & am doing much better now. I feel for those who had severe reactions and had to discontinue it, that is so disappointing. We should all give ourselves a pat on the back for staying positive through this MS journey.
Ash3
Family Member

Post by Ash3 »

EXACTLY11111Ash3
Jimpsull
Family Elder

Post by Jimpsull »

I am JCV+ and am switching to Tecfidera. My docs will monitor my lymphocytes. The cases of PML in Europe were with highly immunosupressed individuals and can't be solely attributed to fumarates.
Ladymac
Family Elder

Post by Ladymac »

Good luck, and please go to my post on this site regarding diet and timing of taking the tecfidera that has helped many: http://www.thisisms.com/forum/tecfidera ... 22462.html
Blessings,

Ladymac
RRMS diagnosed 2006
Tecfidera Started April 2013
:)

Return to “Tecfidera (BG-12, Dimethyl fumarate)”