New Symptoms That I Don't Get!

Discuss Tecfidera (BG-12, dimethyl fumarate) as an oral treatment for multiple sclerosis.
Ash3
Family Member

New Symptoms That I Don't Get!

Post by Ash3 »

Happy July 4th everyone!!!! **== I have been on Tecfidera since May 15th, and now I can pinpoint which symptoms that give me a jolt of dizziness. My arms and legs get all noodly, and my stomach feels funny. Nowadays, it's less severe, but it comes in waves. It's almost like the Tecifidera kicks in. I get up, take my regular meds with asprin, drink coffee, I wait an hour, eat Jimmy Dean, I take Tecfidera, and then 1.5-2 hours later, I feel the dizziness, my arms and legs get noodly, and my stomach feels funny. I also have a mid-morning snack. Does anybody have any suggestions that might help me subside these symptoms? That would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks, Ash3
amaree253

Re: New Symptoms That I Don't Get!

Post by amaree253 »

I am newly diagnosed, but maybe try some toast to help absorb the medication, or milk to help coat your stomach?
Jimpsull
Family Elder

Re: New Symptoms That I Don't Get!

Post by Jimpsull »

The disease modifying drugs are great for reducing relapses, but look into Swank MS diet for reducing disease progression in the long term. Most adherents were still walking after 34 years. Those that didn't stay on the diet were dead or bedridden over the same time frame.