BG-12 and IC

Discuss Tecfidera (BG-12, dimethyl fumarate) as an oral treatment for multiple sclerosis.
Gigi1672

BG-12 and IC

Post by Gigi1672 »

I began taking Tecfifera on Sat and noticed my IC is really painful. Wondering if its related to starting this new med.

Anyone else have this issue? My bladder really hurts ;@(
TeresaL
Family Member

Re: BG-12 and IC

Post by TeresaL »

I have taken BG 12 on/off for a couple of yrs. seems like every time I try it I get more bladder infections and more bladder pain/issues. I wasn't dx w IC but have overactive bladder. Does anyone else have more bladder problems w tec/BG 12?
hrwbes7402

Re: BG-12 and IC

Post by hrwbes7402 »

I switched to Tecfidera early last year, and since then I have had more then my share of infections, ovarian csyts and bladder issues, And because I had gone in alot because it was painful and wasn't getting better, all the drs would do a test and find infections, or hand me a Rx that wouldn't make it any better. Just last week I was diagnosed with IC, so at least I have an answer of why the Rx would take care of some symptoms but not all, to make me feel normal again. I have a family history of reproduction area problems so I was always worried that I was just going to follow the family line, but now with whatever her medication she did at the office, at-home meds to use, and recommended diet changes made a huge difference. I guess now I wait and see just how many I get. I know my liver panels where degraded more so then other DM drugs (Betaseron and Rebif) so I think that has dropped my resistance to infections, so maybe, depending on testing that has happened with ither patients,too. Have you had any problems with iron levels? Since the switch my iron ferritin stores had dropped to 5.

Return to “Tecfidera (BG-12, Dimethyl fumarate)”