Great MRI

Discuss Tecfidera (BG-12, dimethyl fumarate) as an oral treatment for multiple sclerosis.
gramcjk
Getting to Know You...

Great MRI

Post by gramcjk »

I've been on Tecfidera since FDA approval and I would like to share my recent good news. Late last year I had my first MRI after taking Tecfidera for about a year and a half and after reviewing the MRI and comparing it to previous MRI's my neurologist told me that there was no new activity and that older lesions have faded and are possibly healing. YAHOO! After having been miserable taking Rebif and Copaxone, this is as good as I could have dreamed of. Side effects have been minimal and manageable. As long as I can find a way to keep the Tecfidera coming, I can't see any reason to switch. Anyone interested in details, just ask. gramcjk.
stiti
Getting to Know You...

Re: Great MRI

Post by stiti »

Hi Gramcjk,

My neuro proposed me Tecfidera. My question are:
What are the "minimal" size effects?
What about lymphopenia?
What abouy PML tests?

Thanks
gramcjk
Getting to Know You...

Re: Great MRI

Post by gramcjk »

Hello stiti,

As long as I eat a had boiled egg in the a.m. with breakfast, I have no gastro issues. No egg, upset tummy, pepto bismal works wonders. Very minimal flushing when I first started, not even sure you could call it flushing. I have had no pml testing, and have no problems with lymphopenia at this stage. I think persons who have had issues with tecfidera, are the people that have much worse overall health issues with M.S. than I do. But for the grace of God, I have only had some minor optical issues, miner tingling, that were the start of my dx, that have resolved themselves. I highly recommend tecfidera to anyone dx with M.S. My opinion, I am not a Dr. I am not a human pincushion, and none of the ugly side effects from the other dmd's prescribed in the past. I trust my neuro to order blood work as needed, and to make sure I am as safe as I can possibly be taking a new drug. Now we have to wait and see. gramcjk

Return to “Tecfidera (BG-12, Dimethyl fumarate)”