Conerns on Aubagio

Aubagio is an oral treatment approved for MS.
eid86

Conerns on Aubagio

Post by eid86 »

Dear Guys, Hope yu are all well.

I have concerns pertaining the Aubagio medicine which am to start taking in few days time.
Is there any precautions that I need to know before starting the medication?
I have been sufferring from MS since 2007 and the last medication,Gelina,did not give any good results at all.

Please communicate and give my yur views.

Thank you all, waiting for yur replies.
wildgoose

Re: Conerns on Aubagio

Post by wildgoose »

I am starting month 22 on Aubagio. I have my blood tested every 3 months to make sure there isn't any liver or kidney damage. There isn't. I have had significant weight loss but I am not sure it is the Aubagio. My hair got thinner but it is growing back and getting thicker again though it seems more frizzy. I have not had a flare up since starting Aubagio and no other side effects.
eid86

Post by eid86 »

Thank you for yur concern .
Could yu please let me know what i need to do, not take, or be cautious of while taking the mediciation.
Anything special that i should know or anything that happened to you on taking the medicine during the start.
and what is the perfect time to take it :?: .
wildgoose

Post by wildgoose »

Your doctor should check your blood each month for the first three months then every month thereafter. Try to avoid over the counter pain relievers that can adversely effect the liver as these are not recommended with Aubagio. I take the 14 mg tablet every night before dinner and it has worked very well for me though I have read on other sites that some people have had to stop taking Aubagio because of some bad side effects. My doctor tells me that Aubagio is tolerated better than many of the other meds.

Good luck with this and please post again to let me know how it works out for you.
eid86

Post by eid86 »

Thanks soo much for the reply.
Am confident enough now to take the medication and i shall keep you posted.
Again , thanks and definately Yu shall hear again from me.
eid86

Post by eid86 »

Hi
thanks God until now everything goes perfect
i've finished 18 days and i did not feel any of the side effects
wildgoose

Post by wildgoose »

Thank you for posting! I am so glad it is working out for you. I am really happy for you. I was terrified of side effects when I first started taking Aubagio. MS is bad enough without that happening!

Return to “Aubagio (Teriflunomide)”