Teriflunomide

Aubagio is an oral treatment approved for MS.
tarren
Getting to Know You...

Teriflunomide

Post by tarren »

Does anyone have any information regarding this drug? It is going into Phase III trials and is an oral treatment for RR MS.
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

Hey Tarren,

Last we knew about this drug, it was going into Phase II in 2001. Were results published?
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

Found this: "The Teriflunomide study is complete and we are awaiting results. Several of the participants at UBC have chosen to continue taking the medicine pending the results of the study."

From the Canadian MS Society.
cfwin

teriflunomide

Post by cfwin »

I was a patient involved in the phase II study of teriflunomide. The phase III study is starting soon, if it is not started already. I have elected to stay on the drug while the studies are being completed. I was, as it turns out, on the placebo for the first nine months. When they unblinded the study, I was put on the drug. It has now been a little over a year (while on the actual drug), and although I have not seen the official results from the study, nor my own MRI's as yet, I have been doing incredibly well. I feel pretty strongly about the drug, and am convinced that it is one of the reasons I am doing so well. I will let you know when results are released.

C
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

cfwin-- great post and even better to hear that you are doing so well!

Do you mind registering with the site and keeping us posted on this... it's a huge step forward and it would be great to have someone with us who can be our resident expert on the treatment.
[/url]
cfwin
Getting to Know You...

Post by cfwin »

Hi. I have registered now. When I hear of anything else with the study, I will let you know!

C
cfwin
Getting to Know You...

teriflunomide--one more thing!

Post by cfwin »

I forgot this in my original post.

I was told that there seems to be some signs that the drug is reducing the lesion load as shown on the MRIs. They don't, as yet, know how this translates into the affect it has on one's symptoms or disability.

I'll keep you posted!

C

Re: teriflunomide--one more thing!

Post by guest »

cfwin wrote:I forgot this in my original post.

I was told that there seems to be some signs that the drug is reducing the lesion load as shown on the MRIs. They don't, as yet, know how this translates into the affect it has on one's symptoms or disability.

I'll keep you posted!

C
I heard the phase III study has just started in 12 sites in France. How can one join the study?

cfwin
Getting to Know You...

participating in a study

Post by cfwin »

I manged to get involved because the MS clinic that I go to for treatment was involved in the study. Try getting in touch with your local MS clinic, maybe they are involved in this study as well.

I hope this helps, Carol
carolew
Family Elder

Post by carolew »

I find that it takes quite a while before the conversations are updated. I am new to this site. Perhaps, this unusual. You don't really have to post this. I just wanted to find out about other patients who also may have tried this new drug. Thanks.
carolew
Family Elder

Post by carolew »

Sorry, now my message is right up there. I had written some days ago that I will participate in a phase lll study with teriflunomide. I am in the Ottawa, Ont. area and Dr Freedman is starting this study aroung Dec'04 he says, through the MS clinic at the Ottawa Hospital.
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

hi carolew, please keep us updated on your experiences with this trial. As we do with all clinical trialists, let us say a collective "thank you" to you for volunteering your time and body to better the lot of us all.
carolew
Family Elder

Post by carolew »

Hi, I wanted to ask "cfwin" how she thought the drug had helped her. I will start the phase lll study soon and was quite curious about the benefits ans what side effects you had , if any. Thanks. carolew[/u]
cfwin
Getting to Know You...

teriflunomide

Post by cfwin »

I just came across your post, so although it's now over 5 months since you posted, I will answer! :) Sorry about that!

I have been on teriflunomide for quite awhile, now..many mri's etc. I have been doing very well. I don't know if it is the drug, but I wouldn't want to change a thing! I have had a few 'attacks' but, nothing that has really affected my quality of life. My fatigue is back a little, but I can still work every day. When this drug is on the market, and i have to purchase it, I will be first in line. I am very anxious to see the results.

Take Care, Cfwin
dpdsc

Post by dpdsc »

I am participating in Phase III of this trial, I do not know if I have the placebo or not but this study is two years, I have been on it since May 2005

Return to “Aubagio (Teriflunomide)”