Question about relapses!

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
mallori735

Question about relapses!

Post by mallori735 »

Last edited by mallori735 on Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Youarethecure
Family Elder

Re: Question about relapses!

Post by Youarethecure »

I don't think there is an average when it comes to MS... lol. It is too different for everyone. Even when I have relapsed it has been different every time.
herecomesthesun

Post by herecomesthesun »

I agreer with the previous post, there really is no typical and relapses, as far as I have seen/read, are really quite different for everyone. Even for me, I have had a few relapses now and every time it has been different. The first confirmed relapse I had gave me numbness on the right side of my body and stuck around for around 6 months; this was how I was diagnosed. With this the numbness came on relatively quickly, from toes up to torso within a night. I've had a couple relapses since then, and the development of symptoms has not been as quick as that time. At the beginning of this month, I started out with a new symptom - leg spasticity, which made it hard to walk, sleep, and move. Then for at least a week I had bilateral numbness crawling up my body, but at least the spasticity tapered off. Now I just have crazy bad fatigue and numb feet, legs, torso, and fingers. It took quite some time for these symptoms to level out. For the first year and half after diagnosis I never experienced any really new symptoms, the numbness kinda shifted from one side to other, or from one limb to another. Since then, I typically have a new symptom (ie double vision or spasticity) which gets followed up by the recurring numbess.

I guess this is a bit of rant... sooo TL;DR: new symptoms came on quick, disappeared within two weeks. Old symptoms came back with a vengeance but took time to develop, for me will probably stick around for some time. Hope this helps in some way haha
mallori735

Post by mallori735 »

Thank you both for your responses! :)

I'm guessing it really does vary so much from person to person and relapse to relapse that it's impossible to say anything definite about the pattern. Maybe that's why I couldn't find any good info on the subject online! Ha! Hope you both are doing well!

Thanks again!