Help with understanding MRI please (New to the Boards)

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
bingbb

Help with understanding MRI please (New to the Boards)

Post by bingbb »

I went to the neuro to rule out MS. I called a couple of days after my MRI to see if they had the results and was told it was clear. I waited a few more weeks for the results of my blood work before stopping by to pick them up myself. They also gave me the MRI results which I did not look at right away since I was told it was clean. When I got home I realized that number 1, I only had page 1 of 4, and number 2, it had the following information:

Findings: Approximately 5-10 T2/FLAIR lesions in the white matter throughout the cerebral hemispheres. No diffusion restriction. No postcontrast enhancement. No infratenorial lesions.

Impression: Approximately 7-8 nonspecific white matter FLAIR lesions throughout the cerebral hemisheres. The findings could relate to small vessel chnages, demyelinating disease, or vasculitis, amongst others. Clinical correlation advised.

My question, does this seem like an MRI that would get the all clear and no discussion until my 3 month follow-up? I have several symptoms of MS, a diagnosis of Fibro, and had some issues during my neuro exam, specifically with balance.

Thanks so much for any help. I am trying to get the other pages as well as a copy of the scan.
bingbb

Re: Help with understanding MRI please (New to the Boards)

Post by bingbb »

Forgot to mention Doc has ruled out RA, Lyme, Lupus, etc., etc., etc.
jenlee

Post by jenlee »

any update? Curious.
bingbb

Post by bingbb »

Unfortunately, no. Just waiting to see the neuro in February. I talked with my brother-in-law who is an ER doctor and he helped out a lot. He said if it were him, the clear just meant that there was nothing diagnosable at that point and the neuro is probably going to do a follow-up MRI at the 3 month appointment. He also told me that I am NOT crazy and that yes, there is likely something going on. It was nice to hear a medical professional tell me I'm not crazy. That was enough for now :)

Return to “Undiagnosed”