Certain actions cause hands to become weak and tingly

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
brodyjero

Certain actions cause hands to become weak and tingly

Post by brodyjero »

So, this may seem weird, but I've noticed that when I do certain things my hands get very weak and tingly, and sometimes it's worse than others. These things are; (I am a male, please do not judge me haha) when I watch a video tutorial on YouTube on how to style my hair or basically just any beauty-type tutorial in general, when I sit in front of somebody at school and they shake their leg and shake my desk, when somebody is barely touching me and shaking they're leg, or arm, or whatever body part is touching me, and sometimes it's happened when I read important emails where somebody was talking to me about a business offer.

I feel like I should also add that I think it does somewhat affect my toes and head, but not nearly as much. It just makes me feel very odd. Almost like I'm high for a couple minutes. And I'll be honest, it does feel very good. I've actually gone out of my way to watch those videos a few times just to feel it haha. Hope I don't get addicted to my possible MS symptoms! :lol:

I'm a 19 year old male, so I know the chances of me having MS at such a young age AND as a male is rare, but my mom was diagnosed about 6 or 7 years ago.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: Certain actions cause hands to become weak and tingly

Post by ElliotB »

Why guess? Go see your doctor! Especially since there is MS in your family...

And should you decide/need to see a neurologist, make sure the neurologist specializes in MS.

Have you had any recent general blood work done?
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Post by lyndacarol »

Welcome to ThisIsMS, brodyjero.

I echo ElliotB's suggestion.
ElliotB wrote:Why guess? Go see your doctor! Especially since there is MS in your family...

And should you decide/need to see a neurologist, make sure the neurologist specializes in MS.

And when you see your GP, request a vitamin D blood test (the "25-hydroxy D" test). Ask for your own copy of the test results – it is important to have the actual number results. If this has been done, would you share the results with us?

Over 1/2 of the world's population is deficient in vitamin D; and vitamin D deficiency can result in neurological symptoms. (By the way, has your mom ever had this vitamin D test?)
brodyjero

Post by brodyjero »

lyndacarol wrote:Welcome to ThisIsMS, brodyjero.

I echo ElliotB's suggestion.
ElliotB wrote:Why guess? Go see your doctor! Especially since there is MS in your family...

And when you see your GP, request a vitamin D blood test (the "25-hydroxy D" test). Ask for your own copy of the test results – it is important to have the actual number results. If this has been done, would you share the results with us?

Over 1/2 of the world's population is deficient in vitamin D; and vitamin D deficiency can result in neurological symptoms. (By the way, has your mom ever had this vitamin D test?)
I can't afford to go to a doctors but I did some more research and I'm almost positive it's actually something called ASMR.
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Post by lyndacarol »

brodyjero wrote:I can't afford to go to a doctors but I did some more research and I'm almost positive it's actually something called ASMR.
I am not familiar with ASMR (I have no medical background) – you could very well be right: you know your body best; but lately, it is my opinion that anyone with an unexplained medical symptom should have a vitamin D test. Vit D is needed by virtually every cell in the body.

It is possible to order a 1-time vitamin D test kit from GrassrootsHealth for a $65 fee (+ $5 shipping). This at-home test requires pricking a finger, placing a few drops of blood on the blood spot card, and mailing it in (you get results within a week).
https://www.grassrootshealth.net/proj-welcome/?pr=95284
brodyjero

Post by brodyjero »

lyndacarol wrote:
brodyjero wrote:I can't afford to go to a doctors but I did some more research and I'm almost positive it's actually something called ASMR.
I am not familiar with ASMR (I have no medical background) – you could very well be right: you know your body best; but lately, it is my opinion that anyone with an unexplained medical symptom should have a vitamin D test. Vit D is needed by virtually every cell in the body.

It is possible to order a 1-time vitamin D test kit from GrassrootsHealth for a $65 fee (+ $5 shipping). This at-home test requires pricking a finger, placing a few drops of blood on the blood spot card, and mailing it in (you get results within a week).
https://www.grassrootshealth.net/proj-welcome/?pr=95284
Thank you for sharing! I will definitely look into it!
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

"I can't afford to go to a doctors"

Actually given your situation, you can't afford NOT to go to doctors. Find a way to make it happen...
greglol

Post by greglol »

this is definitely ASMR

Return to “Undiagnosed”