lesions on the brain

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
Sol

lesions on the brain

Post by Sol »

I had an appt with a neurologist. She requested an MRI and when I went for the results. She said that I was ok. That my MRI shows 3 lesions in the brain but since I am 39 I am allowed to have one per decade. therefore I was ok. I am trying to find out if these information is accurate. Just seems strange as I always thought if lesions are present you are diagnosed.

Please help me with this questions.

Thank you!
Snoopy
Family Elder

Re: lesions on the brain

Post by Snoopy »

Hi Sol,

There is no definitive test for MS, that includes the MRI. Lesions can be caused by many different things including migraines/headaches, age, injury and more. If you have the MRI report it will more than likely list multiple possibilities and/or say non-specific. If you are concerned you could get a second opinion.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

fyi a good full text link re ms dx criteria updates
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3084507/
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
Sol

Post by Sol »

thank you for the replies. Jimmylegs, I appreciate you sending me that link regarding the ms dx criteria. I read it, but unfortunately I really don't understand it :(
I would like to see if some had lesions like mine and were told no MS. or if you suggest I should have a second opinon.

My symptoms are numbness/tingling that comes and goes. I have urinary frequency at night where I wake up several times to use the restroom. I have also developed lately light sensitivity. I was hoping after having an MRI I could actually have an answer and now it seems I have even more questions.

I really can't take this anymore. Its really messing with my life!! :(

thanks in advance.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

hi sol my headspace is a little different i am no diagnostician really. i target health via meeting basic nutrient needs as a fundamental step 1. then maybe some symptoms go away maybe they don't but at least the docs have a list of signs and symptoms that are not potentially related to a nutrient deficit or imbalance. i'm much better at optimizing nutrition than pinpointing what collection of test results point to what label. i am sure there will be someone who can chime in more along the lines you are looking for!
just a note on the urinary frequency, lately i can usually make it 3 hours at night. but it doesn't help when i decide i need a couple glasses of water in the evening and go to bed with an herbal tea :S lol so that's something i'll be working on as well. and dialing back on the caffeine earlier in the day! too much coffee does me in. speaking of which nature calls ttfn lol
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.