Looking for questions to ask my Neuro...

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
Sheena326

Looking for questions to ask my Neuro...

Post by Sheena326 »

Hello,

I had my EMG this week and my neurologist said that I needed to move up my original appointment date of 3/30. My symptoms include: fatigue, pins and needles and numbness in both hand and feet, blurry vision(esp. At night), forgetfulness, and slurred speech. I also noticed when I was Christmas shopping that my balance was off and to be honest anyone who would have watched me would assume I was drunk. I hate this feeling. I was diagnosed with Guillain-Barré syndrome in 2004. My symptoms are very different if not worse than that year. All blood work has already come back as normal but the neurologist was not happy with my EMG. I am taking Gabapentin at night and it has worked to help me stay asleep at night because I was waking up every night with sharp pains and pins and needles. My new appointment is January 26. Are there any questions that you can suggest I ask my dr?
Snoopy
Family Elder

Re: Looking for questions to ask my Neuro...

Post by Snoopy »

Have you had MRIs Sheena326?

Multiple Sclerosis is a disease of the Central Nervous System(CNS) which includes the brain, spinal cord and optic nerves. The EMG is not diagnostic for MS. A positive EMG points to problems outside the CNS. It might be best to wait and hear what your Neurologist has to say about your EMG and what it might mean.