PRMS and PPMS symptoms

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
MSyborg
Family Member

PRMS and PPMS symptoms

Post by MSyborg »

What are the symptoms for Progressive-Relapsing MS & Primary-Progressive MS? I know each symptoms are different for everyone, but from what I've read, PPMS & PRMS seems to have some consistent patterns of symptoms.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: PRMS and PPMS symptoms

Post by NHE »

MSyborg wrote:What are the symptoms for Progressive-Relapsing MS & Primary-Progressive MS? I know each symptoms are different for everyone, but from what I've read, PPMS & PRMS seems to have some consistent patterns of symptoms.
See the chart below. Primary progressive is like secondary progressive, but without the relapse remitting stage proceeding it. I presume that progressive relapsing is like primary progressive, but has distinct relapses.

Snoopy
Family Elder

Post by Snoopy »

What makes the difference between types of MS is not symptoms, as any of us can experience the same symptoms, but the way the disease behaves. Refer to chart put up by NHE.
MSyborg
Family Member

Post by MSyborg »

Do patients with these types of MS have most symptoms than those with SPMS & RRMS?
Snoopy
Family Elder

Post by Snoopy »

MSyborg wrote:Do patients with these types of MS have most symptoms than those with SPMS & RRMS?
No...