Mri results

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
cmcg2013

Mri results

Post by cmcg2013 »

Hello could anybody offer there thoughts on this mri do you think ms could be ruled out now

Brain

a tiny T2/FLAIR hyper intense white matter lesion bordering on the anterior horn of the left ventricle is noted, which was not visible on prevous exam. A tiny white matter lesion in the semi oval centre on the left side is appears unchanged compared with 2011. both are non specific in the appearances:  neither shows patholigic enhancement or restriction of diffusion. No further white matter lesions are identified in supratentorial brain

conclusion

two tiny white matter lesions are identified in the left hemisphere,one of which is new compared with 2011. the appearance of the lesions are non specific, not definitely demyelinating plaques.in any case no active lesions are identified. no posterior fossa or cervical cord abnormalities
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Mri results

Post by jimmylegs »

i'm not an mri tech but for comparison here's one that looks more suggestive to my eye...

http://www.thisisms.com/forum/general-d ... tml#p30002
(hmm 10 yrs on i notice i never followed up with more detail on this thread)

1. findings in both brain and spine. different areas affected within the spine (dissemination in space).
2. active areas markedly changed from one test to the next (dissemination in time).
3. 'demyelinating' (without any equivocation), 'periventricular', 'dawson fingers'. these are ms keywords.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.