Can’t have MRI test, what other options to test for MS

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
AnnCT

Can’t have MRI test, what other options to test for MS

Post by AnnCT »

Hello all!

I am going through testings to see what is causing my symptoms (which are ms related) but I cant have an MRI because i wear a cochlear implant. The outer device is connected to the wires by a magnet.

Are there any other tests that can be substituted for a MRI?

Thanks!
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: Can’t have MRI test, what other options to test for MS

Post by ElliotB »

Sorry to hear you are ill and welcome to TIMS. Are you seeing a neurologist that specializes in MS?
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

hi and welcome. i have no suggestions that anyone would consider a sub for mri. but i might have other input if you're interested. what are your symptoms?
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
AnnCT

Post by AnnCT »

Hello... I am seeing a neurologist but i dont know what her specialty is. She’s a dr at a teaching hospital.

My symptoms that might show ms are: balance issues (a new one that just started is losing my balance backwards); pain in my right forearm and right thigh; whole body pins & needles sensations, feeling my legs as weak-feels like i cant move them); buckling knees; torso stiffness, spasms, trembles/shakes; cognitive & memory issues.

I just had a neuropsych memory test a couple of weeks ago and am waiting for the result of that test...

It’s really frustrating because I know we can get to the bottom of this if I could just get a mri done...

Thanks!!