Primary Doctor Has Given Up

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
geobeing

Primary Doctor Has Given Up

Post by geobeing »

Hello,

I have been going to this doctor for the last couple of months to try to figure out what is going on. After multiple blood tests, lumbar and r hip xray, and brain MRI he has basically told me he is done with me and referred me to a neurologist. The neurologist I have been referred to cannot see me until July.

I am a 45 year old woman.
Here is the list of symptoms and test results:
Joint pain, stiffness mostly hips, knees, ankles, feet, wrists, hands, lower back
Intermittent numbness, tingling, burning in various parts all over
Shooting needle-stick like pains in various places all over
Intermittent muscle weakness especially in the thighs, upper arms, and jaw
Muscle spasms especially in the legs and fingers
Balance trouble
Fatigue
Itchiness
Intermittent vision trouble including double vision and blurry spots (not floaters)
Urinary incontinence
5x UTI over last 6 months
Sexual dysfunction
Memory trouble, including trouble communicating what I want to say, feeling like I can't engage my brain

All blood tests have been normal except for the following:
3 x WBC over last 2 months 10.8, 14.3, 14.2 with increased number of monocytes
ESR 40 2 weeks ago, normal yesterday
RA factor and CCP are pending

My hip xray was normal
I have a bilateral pars defect in my L5 but NO slippage
My brain MRI was normal

If anyone can give a look at this and give me some tips, it would be appreciated. I am beyond frustrated and am tired of feeling like I am 75 instead of 45.

Thanks.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Primary Doctor Has Given Up

Post by jimmylegs »

hi and welcome.

can we assume no referral to a dietitian to date, for review of adherence to public health nutrient intake recommendations?

if you have 'normal' lab findings for any of the following levels, including several listed here which are understood to be suboptimal (but 'normal') in ms patients, pls share detailed results info including units

serum ferritin (not an ms thing but good to know and likely to be on file already, links to fatigue)
serum vitamin b12 (first and foremost nutritional differential dx for potential ms, links to numbness, weakness, cognitive function)
serum 25(OH)vitamin d3 (understood to be lower normal in ms patients, links to pain)
serum magnesium (links to low d3 status, muscle stiffness/spasms, pain, fatigue, possible links to incontinence)
serum zinc (links to immune system, sexual and cognitive/memory function, vision (allows body to utilize vit A), possible links to incontinence)

re itchiness is it 'phantom'/hard to find/hard to relieve, or properly scratchable.

other good things to know if you can:

serum uric acid and/or ammonia (in relation to zinc; links to antioxidant status, cognitive function)
serum copper (eg in relation to ferritin and zinc)
other serum b vits

related to the above, any info you can share re supplemental intakes, any meds taken, exercise habits, possible antinutrient diet/lifestyle factors - all worth knowing.

plenty to work with btw now and july!
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.

Return to “Undiagnosed”