Waiting to see a neurologist

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Waiting to see a neurologist

Post by NHE »

nathalie70 wrote:I m sorry guys ..i don t think i belong in this forum . You see i haven t been diagnosed yet. It s not my fault if I don t have any blood work result to give you. I only take ibuprofen because my family doctor won t give me anyrhing before I see a neurologist.
I don't believe that's true. You are most certainly welcome. The description for the forum states...
  • "Undiagnosed: This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed."
Your questions are appropriate. The symptoms you describe are suggestive of MS. Unfortunately, an MS diagnosis is a process of exclusion. Your doctors will have to rule out other potential causes. Unfortunately, no one on this forum, or any other, can provide a diagnosis. Moreover, sometimes the diagnosis process can be lengthy as it may take some time to rule out other conditions.

In the meantime though, as you're waiting to see your neurologist, it might be a good idea to ask your GP if they'll do some of the tests myself and others have suggested. For example, since your symptoms are consistent with a possible B12 deficiency, then it would make sense for them to agree to test your B12, folate, homocysteine and methylmalonic acid levels.
Zyklon
Family Elder

Post by Zyklon »

Even us as not health professionals, do not say "you may have MS". To say such a thing lots of other diseases must be ruled out. Lyme, B12 deficiency, diabetics... Your doc is NOT a professional.

We can't diagnose anybody. It is not our expertise. We don't have the education for it. Here we share experience. My experience says diagnosis is a doc-only job.

I understand your fear but internet is a dangerous place for your questions. Just find another doc. At your age if it is MS, your diagnosis will be easy. No need to read horror stories of stupid people.

Take care ;)
Pain! You made me a, you made me a believer, believer
Pain! You break me down, you build me up, believer, believer
Pain! Oh let the bullets fly, oh let them rain
My life, my love, my drive, it came from... Pain!
nathalie70

Post by nathalie70 »

I know but my MRI do show a small lesion. My family doctor is referring me to another neurologist because this is taking too long.
I will know my B12 lab test results tomorrow.
Zyklon
Family Elder

Post by Zyklon »

At your age, with such symptoms, only one brain lesion means MS chance is smaller. Still you can not rule it out without neck and spinal MRI.
Pain! You made me a, you made me a believer, believer
Pain! You break me down, you build me up, believer, believer
Pain! Oh let the bullets fly, oh let them rain
My life, my love, my drive, it came from... Pain!