MRI results waiting for my neurologist to get back in town.

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
evecronin

MRI results waiting for my neurologist to get back in town.

Post by evecronin »

I hope someone can ease my mind.... I got MRI results and I don't know if I should be worried. I got the MRI because of facial numbness. I am a 43 year old woman.

Impression: A few scatter ovoid foci of increased T2 signal intensity within the corona radiata and subcortical white matter which are non-specific and most frequently represent the sequelae of chronic small vessel ischemia and/or infarction. In a patient of this age group Multiple Sclerosis is not excluded. Clinical and laboratory correlations are suggested.

Thank you
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: MRI results waiting for my neurologist to get back in to

Post by jimmylegs »

hi there :) while no one here is qualified to take diagnostic next steps in your case, to my relatively inexperienced eye that report is pretty clear. 'these problems are more often health problem a and/or b but we can't rule out health problem c.

if you are more interested in action ASAP, you can take the pursuit of optimal health into your own hands today :) such an approach generally varies little from one diagnosis to another. and it gives you something to work on, while you wait for the clinical gears to crank through their standard and necessarily rigorous (and yes, frustratingly time consuming) process.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

Your best bet is to be patient, wait for your neurologist to get back in town, and wait to get accurate information from the highly trained professionals you have chosen to help you, any one else will likely not be giving you accurate information.
evecronin

Post by evecronin »

Thank you both.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

np!
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

BTW, even those trained to read MRIs don't always get it right. A MRI can sometimes be difficult to interpret. My first neurologist got it wrong, my second got it right.

"you can take the pursuit of optimal health into your own hands today"

This is probably the best advice anyone can really give you, because from this moment on, regardless of any diagnosis you receive, the pursuit of optimal health will/should likely be your top priority in life.
evecronin

Post by evecronin »

ElliotB wrote:BTW, even those trained to read MRIs don't always get it right. A MRI can sometimes be difficult to interpret. My first neurologist got it wrong, my second got it right.

"you can take the pursuit of optimal health into your own hands today"

This is probably the best advice anyone can really give you, because from this moment on, regardless of any diagnosis you receive, the pursuit of optimal health will/should likely be your top priority in life.
Thanks again. I appreciate your taking the time to reply.