MS or what could this be?

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
nexxus
Getting to Know You...

Re: MS or what could this be?

Post by nexxus »

Jimmylegs thank you for so much helpful information.

I'll be getting those nutrients tested, the copper interests me very much which the hair test will reveal. I had a weird reaction to D3 at first, made me irritable and unable to sleep so now I take 5000 IU in the morning and no reaction. I also make sure I get sunlight. I'm going to work on getting my magnesium level up. Since the MMR vaccine, I have needed to take high levels of magnesium to have normal energy levels. I read both mercury toxicity and Lyme deplete magnesium just as stress depletes B vitamins.

About vitamin E, I found out it can delay onset of ALS by many years. Turns out ALS may start decades before it becomes obvious, same with dementia.

I'm using progesterone because I found out it is neuroprotective. When my dad's dementia got critical, I asked my mom to put it on his skin (along with other nutrients and hormones, such as DHEA cream), and of course she never followed through. The only "help" my dad got was prescription meds which further damaged him.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22732134
https://articles.mercola.com/sites/arti ... njury.aspx

When I stopped using the progesterone for one week (as per the instructions to match the female cycle) the MS symptoms got worse! So now I use it continuously. Also I should mention that calcium is the only other nutrient that helped me get somewhat better. I don't know why. The other item that made a huge difference was the GI Balance Bifido probiotic. Because the probiotic helped me so much, I ordered a very high quality Jarrow probiotic. After just one pill, I woke up dizzy and nauseous, gave me SIBO, which is indicator of how bad my gut issue is. I used grapeseed extract to kill the SIBO.

Interesting link about MTHFR you posted because my diet is very high in folate. I'm sure my liver is in actuality very compromised. Have you done a liver flush to correct it? I do take Liver Rescue IV by Healthforce and it gives me very good sleep.

Yes I'm willing to try to do the eggs because the practitioner strongly emphasized I need the amino acids to detox mercury and rebuild gut lining. Locally, I may find a family farm. She said I also need meat and bone broth, and to that I said a firm NO.

So I'm going to give you the details of my diet and supps that I loved and ate for 4 years, same every day. I was hooked and I will go back to this diet when my gut is repaired.

Morning: Progesterone cream and glass of home distilled water (drinking water throughout the day), sometimes hot Ginger tea

First meal at 11 am: 2 oranges, half head of Kale or head of Romaine, 2 tbsp. blueberries with ice blended into smoothie (all organic if possible)

Second meal at 3 pm: Tofu wrap: 1/2 block of sprouted organic non-GMO tofu on 1 Ezekiel sprouted whole grain wrap. 1 tbsp. Veganaise, 2-3 tsp. Barleans flax oil (this stuff is expensive!), 1 head of organic romaine, 5 raw garlic cloves, black pepper, and celtic sea salt.

After meal: 1 16 oz. bottle Ginger Kombucha

3rd meal only sometimes: Raw thin sliced organic brocolli with cold pressed olive oil and 1/4 block tofu

snacks: Organic dark chocolate almonds

Vitamins taken between 4-10 pm: Megafood Womens One Daily, Megafood Selenium, Megafood Zinc, 1 Vitamin A drop, sometimes Lugols Iodine 3 drops in water, sometimes Life Extension softgel vitamin D3 5000 IU

Bedtime: Sometimes hot Ginger tea, 1-2 Healthforce Liver Rescue IV caps, 1 Megafood Vitamin C, 1 bifidobacterium probiotic (I kept getting mastitis and was taking this probiotic to solve the problem) I seem to react well to bifido probiotics and any probiotic that comes from food itself such as vegan yogurt and Kimchi but acidophilus capsules set off a war in my gut.

So here is my big question for you: I would cheat once a week and get the Burger King veggie burger meal with my 2 kids. Is any straying from the diet enough to cause an attack? Also when their dad comes home off the road, he likes to eat vegan pizza and other bad foods which I never eat except when he's home I eat these meals with him ...is that enough to bring on an MS attack? Does the diet need to be very strict and no mistakes ever?

I'm also wondering if this attack is linked to taking amoxicillin for my dental abscess (10 days before this attack) and also a mosquito fogging truck drove past our family twice 3 days prior to this attack. Third event that may be linked to this attack is the dental abscess itself in a lower molar? (my face swelled out like a golf ball).

Another interesting thing is that the only thing that has stopped my dizziness so far is taking Samsara Tick Recovery formula and Biofilm Buster, a drink twice to three times a day which I forgot to mention. I can't stand being dizzy so I frantically searched for a fix for this and this formula has herbs which also address candida and other bad organisms.
nexxus
Getting to Know You...

Post by nexxus »

Some other questions I have. Isn't MS supposed to flare from excessive heat? I don't have any problem with heat, I love heat (I'm easily cold). Isn't MS supposed to affect vision? Is MS supposed to affect bladder and bowel? Is MS supposed to affect cognition?

I forgot to post my B-12 serum results: 1239

Another thing, I took Monolaurian because it kills everything (viruses, Lyme) but spares the good bacteria. I took just one tiny pill and the next morning I wake up and my legs felt like they were air for the whole day. It was very scary. I feel like if I could figure out why Monolaurian did that to me I could figure what is causing this. I decided I prefer my legs to be weak and hurt than feeling like air.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

hi again :)

i'm afraid i don't have a good sense of how hair copper levels translate over to serum copper levels. i think every single study i have seen to date, examining copper zinc ratios in health and disease, have used serum concentrations.

d3 sucks up magnesium when taken. if you were starting with low mag status in the first place, i could see extra depletion from d3 leading to disturbed sleep. i'm still waiting for more research re d3 interactions with zinc! i'll comment on timing of d3 intakes in relation to magnesium later on.

The effect of magnesium supplementation on primary insomnia in elderly: A double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3703169/

The Effect of Melatonin, Magnesium, and Zinc on Primary Insomnia in Long‐Term Care Facility Residents in Italy: A Double‐Blind, Placebo‐Controlled Clinical Trial
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs ... 10.03232.x

i got my msdx within weeks of a travel vaccine. i spent a lot of time investigating whether it could be causal. my neuro said coincidence. in reality i was so undernourished that if the vaccine was ever a piece of the puzzle at all, it would be because i was so undernourished and my immune function so impaired as a result, that i was one of a tiny percentage of individuals prone to a bad reaction. i consider my combined and chronic bad habits where nutrition was concerned the more significant players by far. and the real straw that broke the camel's back was a physical injury. everything really went south in the hours and days after that fall.
more recently ie after years of work on nutrient status, i have been vaccinated for typical stuff with no issues whatsoever.

re mercury toxicity, it's important to ensure repletion for relevant essential nutrients, in order to optimize existing mercury detox pathways.
also, stress is a particular route to magnesium depletion, whether the stress is physical (ie exercise, injury, surgery) or emotional.

i should mention re vitamin E the old protocol used is a form i wouldn't bother with today, even though it still really helped in the context of a short term broad spectrum megadose regimen. after dietary sources, supplemental vitamin E8 complex is the way to go. i've been working more diligently on food sources lately, having a friend with a cancer dx who's been told no supplemental vit E. thanks so much, poorly-designed precedent-setting vit E supplement research :S

i'll be interested to read up on nutritional interactions with progesterone levels. i have a pretty decent handle on nutrient influences on gut flora already :)

i don't do liver flushes at all other than i guess water. among the various water soluble vitamins and the minerals stored in the liver, zinc was the measurable player in my case, so far at least. i'm a fan of the benefits herbals can provide, but i do prioritize essential nutrients with an emphasis on whole food sources.

did the doc provide any sort of nutrient-specific rationale for meat and bone broth?

i'm taking a break now and will revisit to go over the diet and supplement info you've posted, and address remaining questions :)
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
nexxus
Getting to Know You...

Post by nexxus »

Sorry I forgot to mention, I use Asutra magnesium chloride oil every night at bedtime, a lot of it. I also take Calm when I feel I need it. Also mag malate every now and then. Plus I just started Cal-Mag because at first I thought the lower leg pain was a calcium deficiency. So my magnesium status should have been okay, but as you mentioned, at 2.1, not high enough.

Okay so Vitamin E8, I will look for that. I was using Now Gamma E recently.

So you were diagnosed after a vaccine as were many people. Yes I agree, poor nutritional status allows the vaccine to do greater damage. I read zinc deficiency alone can allow vaccine damage to occur. When I got the MMR, my diet wasn't too good, I knew nothing about diet back then. I have impaired sulfation needed for mercury detox. I learned this because chlorella, MSM, and molybdenum give me such a headache that I can't take them. I don't know if I was born with it or the vaccines damaged my sulfation pathway.

The doc only said that meat and bone broth provide the high level of amino acids needed for the repair of gut lining and adrenals. I know they use bone broth for autism too.

I've been thinking about Lyme because Dr. Rawls says most people have Lyme in their bodies, including in their brains, but only some people succumb when too many things go wrong.

So I just found out that Augmentin is used to kill Lyme and co-infections. I responded to Augmentin/Medrol very oddly, with my arms and legs losing strength for two weeks.

Another thing, I took Monolaurian because it kills everything (viruses, Lyme) but spares the good bacteria. I took just one tiny pill under my tongue so it would get into my brain and the next morning I wake up and my legs felt like they were air for the whole day. It was very scary. I feel like if I could figure out why Monolaurian did that to me I could figure what is causing this. I decided I prefer my legs to be weak and hurt than feeling like air. :lol:

I have other strange things I should mention. My scalp on the top started to develop some small itchy areas that never go away 2 years ago I think. In 2005, I was bit by spiders 20-30 times over the span of one year. When I moved the bites stopped. Strange thing is my boyfriend was never bit, only me. We tested this by putting our hands on the wall near a spider and the spider ran to my hand! Then one day we were painting the trim on our house and as he stood on a ladder next to me, he is my witness of a spider jumping off the roof landing on my temple and biting me. These bites left me with huge red hot 1-2 inch swellings and green stuff coming out of the wound. They also left me with permanent scars especially in areas of fat, actual indents. The bite on my knee cap caused the entire leg to swell up and went into my lymph node and left me with a damaged left knee joint. So what is going on in my system that made spiders want to bite me? Spiders of all types were biting me, but the brown recluse did most of the bites.

Secondly, my sister has a Collembola infestation for 5 years plus now which at first was thought to be scabies. I'm the only one in my family of 7 who can't go near her because they jump on me and I get itchy rash on my outer arms. Why do these bugs only want to live on my skin? I use an acid peel to kill them and the eggs they lay in the skin so I can stop the problem but my sister isn't as proactive. Just more indication of something wrong in my system. So I have read that these bugs shouldn't even exist, they were genetically modified in a lab to help crop production, but now they are loose on the public. Just wondering what these bug bites could have given me.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

hi curious if your cal mag was 2:1 or 1:1?

fyi "E8 complex" is a NewRoots product. i'm sure there are other complete E supplement options, but that's the one i'm familiar with. i know corn oil has all 8 fractions but as of last check, organic corn oil is not available in north america.

yep re the vaccine - statistically, some people are bound to get a diagnosis with a recent vaccine in the mix. i was much earlier in the science learning curve back then, and much less likely to have found and absorbed research like this:

Vaccinations and the Risk of Relapse in Multiple Sclerosis
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/N ... 2013440501
CONCLUSIONS
Vaccination does not appear to increase the short-term risk of relapse in multiple sclerosis.

Hepatitis B Vaccination and the Risk of Multiple Sclerosis
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/n ... 2013440502
CONCLUSIONS
These results indicate no association between hepatitis B vaccination and the development of multiple sclerosis.

Recombinant hepatitis B vaccine and the risk of multiple sclerosis Sep 2004
http://n.neurology.org/content/63/5/838.short
Conclusions: These findings are consistent with the hypothesis that immunization with the recombinant hepatitis B vaccine is associated with an increased risk of MS, and challenge the idea that the relation between hepatitis B vaccination and risk of MS is well understood.

comment on Recombinant hepatitis B vaccine and the risk of multiple sclerosis: A prospective study Nov 2004
http://n.neurology.org/content/recombin ... tive-study
We found no increased risk of MS overall or at any time during the first three years after hepatitis B vaccination. Restricting the analysis to data from medical records did not alter this conclusion.

Vaccines and the Risk of Multiple Sclerosis and Other Central Nervous System Demyelinating Diseases 2014
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamane ... cation=ufi
Conclusions and Relevance We found no longer-term association of vaccines with MS or any other CNS ADS, which argues against a causal association. The short-term increase in risk suggests that vaccines may accelerate the transition from subclinical to overt autoimmunity in patients with existing disease. Our findings support clinical anecdotes of CNS ADS symptom onset shortly after vaccination but do not suggest a need for a change in vaccine policy.

Environmental risk factors and multiple sclerosis: an umbrella review of systematic reviews and meta-analyses 2015
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 2214702674
"Overall, 44 unique meta-analyses including 416 primary studies of different risk factors and multiple sclerosis were examined, covering a wide range of risk factors: vaccinations, comorbid diseases, surgeries, traumatic events and accidents, exposure to environmental agents, and biochemical, infectious, and musculoskeletal biomarkers. ... A biomarker of Epstein-Barr virus (anti-EBNA IgG seropositivity), infectious mononucleosis, and smoking showed the strongest consistent evidence of an association."

i think these last two are telling in particular, and consistent with weakened immune function interacting poorly with a vaccination.
interestingly where smoking is concerned, that brings cadmium to mind. cadmium sits in zinc receptors, deprives the immune system of essential zinc and its protective effect against infection by viruses and bacteria.

related - in another topic i've recently posted re selenium's role in mercury detox

re meat and bone broth - interesting. i would - perhaps predictably lol - consider zinc the common denominator between meat, bone broth, gut repair and adrenal support.

re lyme - yes indeed re when 'too many things go wrong'. have recently done a deep dive into manganese where lyme is concerned, on zyklon's 'hello' thread in introductions.

i don't know anything about augmentin, being generally anti pharma except for you know, anaesthesia during surgery and some tylenol IIIs after. for the most part when it comes to pharma, i can't deal. or as they say 'i can't even' lol
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

So I'm going to give you the details of my diet and supps that I loved and ate for 4 years, same every day. I was hooked and I will go back to this diet when my gut is repaired.
Morning: Progesterone cream and glass of home distilled water (drinking water throughout the day), sometimes hot Ginger tea
First meal at 11 am: 2 oranges, half head of Kale or head of Romaine, 2 tbsp. blueberries with ice blended into smoothie (all organic if possible)
Second meal at 3 pm: Tofu wrap: 1/2 block of sprouted organic non-GMO tofu on 1 Ezekiel sprouted whole grain wrap. 1 tbsp. Veganaise, 2-3 tsp. Barleans flax oil (this stuff is expensive!), 1 head of organic romaine, 5 raw garlic cloves, black pepper, and celtic sea salt.
After meal: 1 16 oz. bottle Ginger Kombucha
3rd meal only sometimes: Raw thin sliced organic brocolli with cold pressed olive oil and 1/4 block tofu
snacks: Organic dark chocolate almonds
Vitamins taken between 4-10 pm: Megafood Womens One Daily, Megafood Selenium, Megafood Zinc, 1 Vitamin A drop, sometimes Lugols Iodine 3 drops in water, sometimes Life Extension softgel vitamin D3 5000 IU

Bedtime: Sometimes hot Ginger tea, 1-2 Healthforce Liver Rescue IV caps, 1 Megafood Vitamin C, 1 bifidobacterium probiotic (I kept getting mastitis and was taking this probiotic to solve the problem) I seem to react well to bifido probiotics and any probiotic that comes from food itself such as vegan yogurt and Kimchi but acidophilus capsules set off a war in my gut.
fluids to start the day, great.
breakfast probably ok re relative veg/fruit ratio, but poor overall produce to protein / whole grain ratio. jury remains out until whole day is considered.
lunch much better re relative balance of veg/protein/whole grain. in absolute terms though, i don't know what a half block of tofu is in grams so can't even guess at its contribution to the day's protein intake. also don't know the weight of the wrap so can't evaluate its contribution to daily whole grain servings. good amount info otherwise.
supper ok for veg/protein balance, but again short on whole grain.
almond snacks ok, need quantity estimate.
re supplements i need better detail on combos and timing of items taken between 4 and 10pm.

overall impression:

need better info re macronutrient grams per day. i'm not a pro at macro but fiber looks low overall.

re micronutrients, there are gaps for the most nutrient-dense leafy greens (see below)

while raw is important, also note specific veg which exhibit better bioavailability of certain nutrients when cooked

Effects of Different Cooking Methods on Nutritional and Physicochemical Characteristics of Selected Vegetables
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18069785

and finally for general diversity of foods chosen. consider increasing species # for better rounded total whole food nutrition before going to supplements for top up.

nutrient info from whfoods.com:

romaine: excellent for......vits K, A, folate, molybdenum
kale: excellent for............vits K, A, C, manganese and copper
broccoli: excellent for.......vits K, C, chromium and folate
blueberries: very good for vit K, maganese, C
almonds: very good for.....biotin, E, copper

compare

spinach:
excellent for....................vits K, A, manganese, folate, magnesium, iron, copper, vit B2, vit B6, vit E, calcium, vit C, potassium.
chard:
excellent for....................vits K, A, C, magnesium, copper, manganese, vit E, iron, potassium
raspberries:
excellent for.....................vit C, manganese and fiber
walnuts:
excellent for.....................omega 3 fatty acid, very good for copper and manganese
sunflower seeds:
excellent for.....................vit E, very good for copper and vit B1
pumpkin seeds:
very good for...................magnesium, good for zinc
nexxus
Getting to Know You...

Post by nexxus »

The cal/mag is 2:1 with 400 IU D3

There a site called vaccine injury that shows a lot of severe damage done by vaccines including causing MS. As I was going through the archives I read of two females who got MS just two weeks after the Hep B vaccines.
http://www.medalerts.org/

Environmental risk factors and multiple sclerosis: an umbrella review of systematic reviews and meta-analyses 2015
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 2214702674
"Overall, 44 unique meta-analyses including 416 primary studies of different risk factors and multiple sclerosis were examined, covering a wide range of risk factors: vaccinations, comorbid diseases, surgeries, traumatic events and accidents, exposure to environmental agents, and biochemical, infectious, and musculoskeletal biomarkers. ... A biomarker of Epstein-Barr virus (anti-EBNA IgG seropositivity), infectious mononucleosis, and smoking showed the strongest consistent evidence of an association."

I'm curious, knowing that viruses and other infections are involved (specific gut bacteria), have people on this board looked into anti-virals and intense pathogen killers such as monolaurian and Silver (silver IV)?

Interesting about selenium in mercury detox. I'm doing a hair test and will soon know my mercury status.

I'll check out your info about manganese and Lyme. Interesting that lots of people have Lyme, including in their brains but don't succumb. Too much has gone wrong indeed.

I had a dental bone graft done and the dentist wanted me to take Augmentin (amoxicillin and clavulanate). I didn't know it was a heavier antibiotic (But I was also given Medrol, so it may have been the Medrol too), but I am also very anti-medication. I won't even take Ibuprofen unless in agony. So I have found some info stating that MS is actually Lyme.
https://sites.google.com/site/marylandl ... -sclerosis
nexxus
Getting to Know You...

Post by nexxus »

Effects of Different Cooking Methods on Nutritional and Physicochemical Characteristics of Selected Vegetables
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18069785

Thanks, I can't wait to explore this about cooked versus raw and nutrient absorption. I knew there were some issues there. You are correct, I need more diversity in that diet. You are also emphasizing zinc, I do too because I know vegans need it badly.

Here is the wrap, after going to their web site I'm going to switch to this gluten free wrap:
https://www.foodforlife.com/product/tor ... -tortillas
INGREDIENTS
Black Rice Flour, Organic Brown Rice Flour, Filtered Water, Organic Tapioca Flour, Safflower oil, Organic Chia Seeds, Rice Bran, Vegetable Gum (Xanthan Gum, Cellulose), Sea Salt. Certified Kosher by KOFK
1 wrap = 170 calories

Here is the tofu:
Water, organic whole soybeans, nigari (sea water extract), calcium sulfate
1/2 block = 160 calories

I do need to correct that diet and add more things in. The new mercury detox diet I'm on calls for small meals every 3 hours so I'll be changing my diet into smaller meal with more variety.

Can I ask you how long it took you to get better after correcting your diet? Are you back to normal? I read one guy took 7 years to get the numbness from his leg, he said it's because our cells take 7 years to renew themselves.

In the meantime, I am also heavily investigating the Lyme route because the Samsara Tick Recovery drink (2-3 times a day, also I'm drinking their Biofilm formula) has stopped my constant dizziness, thank God!!!!!!!! If it isn't Lyme, then why does it work?

Also, can you tell me if these are MS or Lyme symptoms I'm having: muscle pain that moves throughout the day, right lower leg will be stiff and hurt, then an hour later it'll be my forearms, then it'll move to my left leg, and last night for the first time my left thigh. Then for several days it was in both my upper arms. My heart will start racing suddenly and then stop after a minute or two. I have high anxiety for no reason. I had two root canals yesterday I and freaked out after the he injected into my gums. I became faint and my heart nearly exploded out of my chest for 5 minutes, thought they were going to need to send me to the ER. Then I started shaking uncontrollably for 5 minutes, needed a blanket was so cold. Never had this response before. Ears ringing muted sounds sometimes. Getting easily injured, foot has bursitis which hasn't healed in 6 weeks, for no reason, injured wrist doing nothing, injured ankle doing nothing... I never injure easily and I never had bursitis, even after hiking grand canyon in sandals. Also forgot to mention, my weight has dropped from 125 to 107 in 2 months (since this started).
Last edited by nexxus on Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

heya, i will respond to most of this tomo, but can relate to the uncontrollable shaking deal. can't remember the exact setting but i think it was in physio, something hurt badly, and the PT said the shaking was from adrenalin, which made all the sense.
nexxus
Getting to Know You...

Post by nexxus »

Yes, she told me it was adrenalin. From now on, they are going to give me the dental numbing agents without epinephrine. BTW, can any one tell me if constant neck pain is part of MS?

My other issue is what feels like poor circulation to my legs. I started jogging and walking a lot to compensate for it and it works. But my legs feel uncomfortable if I sit still for too long. I use compression socks too.

I have had muscle tightness in my neck and the surrounding muscles for I think 10 years now. I always thought it was from adrenal insufficiency (holding stress in this area), but in the last two years it has gotten really bad, non-stop painful, muscles feel sore like they are being pulled tight constantly. I have good posture and do yoga but nothing corrects it. Worst area is base of neck muscles and muscles to the side of cervical spine. Maybe the neurologist will see something in that area on the MRI? I thought MS occurs in episodes, which is why I'm wondering if constant neck pain is part of MS too?
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

oops so much for responding to the rest 'tomorrow'. will follow up on all of this today
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

The cal/mag is 2:1 with 400 IU D3
ok fyi, the 2:1 ratio for cal to mag is a maximum. that means that if diet loads calcium more than magnesium (likely), total effective cal mag ratio is too high.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

There a site called vaccine injury that shows a lot of severe damage done by vaccines including causing MS. As I was going through the archives I read of two females who got MS just two weeks after the Hep B vaccines.
http://www.medalerts.org/
vaccine injury doesn't sound like a very objective source lol.
in my case i do think to some extent exposing myself to vaccine may have been a contributing factor given how fragile i was beforehand (and that included neurological symptoms i could no longer reverse with b12). really though, timing-wise it was the bad crash that really sent things into an accelerating tailspin.
I'm curious, knowing that viruses and other infections are involved (specific gut bacteria), have people on this board looked into anti-virals and intense pathogen killers such as monolaurian and Silver (silver IV)?
personally, not those two in particular. yes re anti-viral essential nutrients however. eg
PTU-048 Serum trace metal concentrations in clostridium difficile infection and their relationship to disease severity (2018)
https://gut.bmj.com/content/67/Suppl_1/A195.2
The median concentrations (μg/L) of iron, zinc and selenium were significantly lower in severe CDI cases compared with those with mild infection.
i can't get at enough detail to interpret the rest of that abstract w clarity.
Brucellosis Causes Alteration in Trace Elements and Oxidative Stress Factors (2018)
https://link.springer.com/article/10.10 ... 017-1102-3
...The serum level of copper in the case group (165.39 ± 43.19 μg/dl) was significantly higher compared with that in the control group (122.12 ± 28.88 μg/dl). Whereas the serum level of zinc was significantly lower in the case group compared with that in the control group (76.47 ± 28.88 vs. 92.85 ± 23.16 μg/dl). The manganese and magnesium serum levels did not differ significantly between the two groups.
i'm still trying to get my head around this persistent idea that disease causes the alteration. to some degree, fine. but we know scurvy doesn't cause vitamin c deficiency and that rickets don't cause vitamin d deficiency. why is it so hard to get there with other essentials??
Interesting about selenium in mercury detox. I'm doing a hair test and will soon know my mercury status.
I'll check out your info about manganese and Lyme. Interesting that lots of people have Lyme, including in their brains but don't succumb. Too much has gone wrong indeed.
i have not yet reconciled prior findings with research like this:
A manganese-rich environment supports superoxide dismutase activity in a Lyme disease pathogen, Borrelia burgdorferi (2013)
http://www.jbc.org/content/288/12/8468.short
... So I have found some info stating that MS is actually Lyme.
https://sites.google.com/site/marylandl ... -sclerosis
perspective from a personal site, does not a fact make. association, in some cases, sure.
Borrelia burgdorferi antibodies in multiple sclerosis patients (1989)
http://n.neurology.org/content/39/6/760.short
Lyme disease is said to produce a late syndrome resembling multiple sclerosis. We analyzed serum antibodies to Borrelia burgdorferi in 100 patients referred for possible MS. All lived in an area endemic for Lyme disease. Only 1 of 89 definite MS patients and 2 of 11 non-MS patients were antibody positive. Infection with Borrelia burgdorferi is rare in MS, and Lyme disease is unlikely to play a significant role in the differential diagnosis of MS.
Borrelia burgdorferi antibodies in patients with relapsing/remitting form and chronic progressive form of multiple sclerosis. (1988)
https://jnnp.bmj.com/content/51/9/1215.short
Sera of 106 multiple sclerosis patients and 103 closely matched controls were examined for Borrelia burgdorferi antibodies. The prevalence rate in multiple sclerosis patients was 14.2%, in controls 25.2%. Overall prevalence was 20.1%.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

I can't wait to explore this about cooked versus raw and nutrient absorption. I knew there were some issues there. You are correct, I need more diversity in that diet. You are also emphasizing zinc, I do too because I know vegans need it badly.
absolutely.
Here is the wrap, after going to their web site I'm going to switch to this gluten free wrap:
https://www.foodforlife.com/product/tor ... -tortillas
INGREDIENTS
Black Rice Flour, Organic Brown Rice Flour, Filtered Water, Organic Tapioca Flour, Safflower oil, Organic Chia Seeds, Rice Bran, Vegetable Gum (Xanthan Gum, Cellulose), Sea Salt. Certified Kosher by KOFK
1 wrap = 170 calories
gluten free - or at least gluten sparse - defs smart for strict vegetarians. retain your nutrients!
I do need to correct that diet and add more things in. The new mercury detox diet I'm on calls for small meals every 3 hours so I'll be changing my diet into smaller meal with more variety.
i will be very interested to see your revised routine!
Can I ask you how long it took you to get better after correcting your diet? Are you back to normal? I read one guy took 7 years to get the numbness from his leg, he said it's because our cells take 7 years to renew themselves
i did some permanent irreversible damage before i realized what i had to do to turn things around at all. i remember thinking oh i lost sensory in my outside fingers, whew at least i still have my thumb and inner fingers. two days later, those went too. nerve roots are dead there's no regrowing those. cell turnover varies in different tissues. in some cases, nerves can regrow. mine is not one of those cases.

the protocol that did me the most good, and which involved the largest revision to prior vegan status quo, was the high protein (two to three eggs for breakfast) multi vit multi min megadose regimen. i recovered lost functionality (eg position sensory) to a significant degree within days. and that protocol wasn't even 'right' as we understand things now, with 45 hrs having elapsed since it was designed.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

In the meantime, I am also heavily investigating the Lyme route because the Samsara Tick Recovery drink (2-3 times a day, also I'm drinking their Biofilm formula) has stopped my constant dizziness, thank God!!!!!!!! If it isn't Lyme, then why does it work?
re that tick drink, it works because its ecologically horrible main ingredient is nutrient dense, i'll hypothesize. quite a few familiar and relevant friends on page 1 of its phytonutrient list, filtered for descending high ppm (the link won't keep the filter on, you will need to click on high ppm to see what i am talking about: https://phytochem.nal.usda.gov/phytoche ... w/1559?et=
i'm seeing particular positives for your electrolytes, which could link up with dizziness among other things.
other less ecologically annoying sources of potassium include:
http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?dbid ... #foodchart
remember how strongly potassium is represented in your old fave diet (ie not so much?!) glad you are going to shake things up, there :)

Return to “Undiagnosed”